Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at home decreased to 46Amps

Genie

Supporting Member
Electrical terminology can be very confusing. I don't know how to correctly say what you're trying to say, but I do know this is wrong for two reasons:
1) In the US, my 240V circuit using 2 legs (slots) in the panel is still single-phase (I used to think it was two phase, but that was wrong).
2) I can charge at 72 amps on the circuit described in (1), so the boards are not tied to (for) phases or legs.
I think Tesla connects the 3 boards as single phase for North America and as 3 phase for some cars sold in other markets,

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and mxnym
5D9863FC-01BA-42DB-A3B3-844639CF5BFB.png

strider

Oct 20, 2010
NE Oklahoma
My 2018 Model 3 negotiates with the charger for a minute or so then sets the charge rate it is comfortable with. Not the 48A my new charger can supply, but only 32A. Sends an error message saying something about the quality of the connection. 32/48 Amp. I wonder what that negotiation is all about.
What voltage is it showing before and after the drop? If the voltage sags below a certain value it will lower the charge rate. It's possible that some part of your electrical chain can't handle 48A sustained with other loads. If it starts at, say, 243V/48A and then slowly drops to 235V it may kick down to 32A to try and get the voltage back up.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC