Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging at Scotland's FIRST Ultra charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I can see, he got 111 kW. No better than superchargers, and likely to be much more expensive on Ionity, unless they have a temporary free vend deal. No doubt other cars would do a bit better. Bjørn has got much higher speeds on Ionity, with MC Hammer (performance Model 3) but he is doing it to provide entertainment for viewers, not because it makes financial sense (for a man with 1 million free supercharger km to use over the next 140 years)

I charges there last night - and was disappointed with the rate.
M3 with preconditioned battery at 32% only got 142kw (6c outside). By the time it got to 68%, down to 86kw
Hopped over to SC and got 88kw.
Charger 3 didn't seem to like my car, So I had to shift to charger 4. I was the only one there.
The app/scan QR/ pay process worked ok but is a bit clunky when it's chilly, the qr code is small!
Anyone had faster rates ?
I'm not going to use it again after this experiment, unless it gets a lot faster.
Just reminds me how good SC Network is.

Reactions: adsheff and zayn
I charges there last night - and was disappointed with the rate.
M3 with preconditioned battery at 32% only got 142kw (6c outside). By the time it got to 68%, down to 86kw
Hopped over to SC and got 88kw.
Charger 3 didn't seem to like my car, So I had to shift to charger 4. I was the only one there.
The app/scan QR/ pay process worked ok but is a bit clunky when it's chilly, the qr code is small!
Anyone had faster rates ?
I'm not going to use it again after this experiment, unless it gets a lot faster.
Just reminds me how good SC Network is.

my understanding is 150 is the max on the model 3 - you can't charger any faster than this and that is only just gone up from 100 on non SC chargers.

Last edited:
I thought the M3 charging speed were as follows:

M3 Standard+: 100kW DC
M3 AWD LR: 150kW DC
M3 Performance: 250kW DC

Have I got that wrong?

M3 Standard+: 100kW DC (due to be increased as noted in latest earnings call by Musk)

M3 AWD LR: 250kW DC

M3 Performance: 250kW DC

Max Tesla SuC available in UK currently is 150kW. 250kW is V3 (US / CA regions currently)

• Helpful
Reactions: booyaka76