Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Ray

Nice and clear...since I fit in the mob that plugs in at home on a Tesla Wall Unit I noticed you recommend one plugs in each night? I do about 1,500-1,800km's per month therefore only tend to plug in 2 times per week...you see any issue with this yourself?

-ECIT

Guide looks good.

Couldn't help but notice your EU to OZ 15 amp adaptor looks to be wired in 'twin&earth' building wiring. This type of cable is for fixed installation only - not for something like a lead which flexes and moves around. The cable in your lead has a smaller count of thicker copper cores which in time will bend and break, compared to flex cables which have lots of thin copper cores.

For the sake of a small dollar amount in materials it'd be awful to see something go wrong so it might be worth getting an electrician to take a look at replacing?

Guide looks good.

Couldn't help but notice your EU to OZ 15 amp adaptor looks to be wired in 'twin&earth' building wiring. This type of cable is for fixed installation only - not for something like a lead which flexes and moves around. The cable in your lead has a smaller count of thicker copper cores which in time will bend and break, compared to flex cables which have lots of thin copper cores.

For the sake of a small dollar amount in materials it'd be awful to see something go wrong so it might be worth getting an electrician to take a look at replacing?
Making that one was more of an academic exercise and I intend chucking it at some time. Also the 32 AMP is the only one that really gets used.