Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging in Packwood WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it's not a Supercharger, but p
Packwood is getting a Charge point Station for better or worse.
Just saw it this weekend. It's at the 76 station on the east end of town.

Was told there's another one going in Mossy Rock too.

Attachments

• Resized_20230604_072809.jpeg
    Resized_20230604_072809.jpeg
    753.8 KB · Views: 200
Packwood (or Highway 12 in general) has long been at the top of my supercharger wish list so that is great to see! I'm guessing that this is one of the stations that Energy Northwest is building, though I'm surprised to see that it is Chargepoint as I thought they were going to be EVITA chargers (Construction Begins on U.S. Highway 12 Electric Vehicle Charging Station Network - The Daily Chronicle).

Along those lines Packwood is on the list of potential supercharger locations to vote on in the Q2 2023 round and currently has the most votes of the sites in WA.

Reactions: bruce4000
Packwood (or Highway 12 in general) has long been at the top of my supercharger wish list so that is great to see! I'm guessing that this is one of the stations that Energy Northwest is building, though I'm surprised to see that it is Chargepoint as I thought they were going to be EVITA chargers (Construction Begins on U.S. Highway 12 Electric Vehicle Charging Station Network - The Daily Chronicle).

Along those lines Packwood is on the list of potential supercharger locations to vote on in the Q2 2023 round and currently has the most votes of the sites in WA.
Can you post the voting link for supercharger locations. Thanks.

On PlugShare I moved the pin to where it seems to me to be looks to be based on photo v Streetview.

Mossyrock, WA to Packwood, WA is 44.8 miles. While I've used 1 CCS DCFC + 1 L2 locations in NB and PE successfully, I was always hedging so I could skip 1 charger. Of course, with low-power DCFC you can go to higher percentages before penalty so the hedging strategy doesn't cost so much time.

Last edited:
Well, it's not a Supercharger, but p
Packwood is getting a Charge point Station for better or worse.
Just saw it this weekend. It's at the 76 station on the east end of town.

Was told there's another one going in Mossy Rock too.
Interesting, no active electrical permits with LNI for this site. Maybe they are putting all the equipment in then pulling a permit? All of the required electrical equipment seems to be in place minus a meter and transformer (could be pole mount though at this size?).

Here is the permit for the Mossyrock Station.

Also a recently completed site in Salkum and dig tickets for Randle and Morton so it sounds like they are filling out WA-12 for charging as an alternative route to I-90.

Last edited:
These are all chargepoint chargers, so we'll see them light up on their map without having to visit all of the physical locations.

I'm particularly amped up for the Elbe location since that's a prime restroom break on the way up to Paradise on Mt. Rainier. There's a public rest area across the street and that drive can be a bit harrowing for EVs with all the elevation and sudden freezing temps. From Seattle it's 150 miles round trip from the nearest supercharger, Auburn.
Elbe is right on the way and cuts the charging gap down to a 70 mile roundtrip.

Reactions: bruce4000
Just in case anyone cares, as of last weekend, the 10th, the Packwood charger is up and says available, but am unable to access it. When you press the screen it pops up "pricing" and says Free but can't get it to flow power.
It also doesn't show up in the CP map.
Since it doesn’t show up in the app, it probably hasn’t been connected to the network. It may have been commissioned with pricing but if it can’t phone home, it may not work until that is done.