TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Charging Microsoft Surface Laptop with USB port?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by EVLobster, Dec 30, 2019.

1. EVLobster

EVLobster Member

Does anyone know how many watts the front USB ports put out on the Model 3? I would like to charge my Microsoft Surface with a cable plugged into the USB port. (I have a Jeda box which also takes USB C but not sure this matters because its just a pass thought I believe)

2. turns2stone

turns2stone Member

Only 2.1A each port.

3. 640k

640k Member

you'll need an adapter for the vehicle plug under the center armrest to deliver 5A across USB-C. it's the only way you'll get near enough power to charge your device without using a converter.

4. webbah

webbah Member

Probably better to use a max 100 watt pure sine inverter imo, although I also use the Anker 48 watt usb-c cig adaptor and this works well