TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

charging notification barrage

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by opencar, Apr 20, 2018.

1. opencar

opencar Member

i've had my model 3 for 3 weeks and have done nightly overnight charging on the car timer with no issues. two days ago, i started getting the following notifications. Anybody else have this issue or have ideas about what is happening?

Image-1.jpg

2. FlyF4

FlyF4 Son of a MX

Was it a one time thing? If so, maybe it was just a connector issue. Still getting them?

3. opencar

opencar Member

now two nights in a row. it seemed to stop after 1 hour this last time but the previous night it was over two hours.

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

could be a power fluctuation from your utility.

• Informative x 1
  5. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Do you have notifications for charging interruption enabled?

I was getting duplicate notices, but they had same time stamp. I deleted and reinstalled the app.

• Informative x 1
  6. opencar

opencar Member

never got the notice at any other time, just right after it finished the nights charging (almost as if it was performing some kind of battery maintenance or balancing)

• Helpful x 1
  7. opencar

opencar Member

i got the notifications on two different devices, but i haven't looked at the setting for interruptions.

8. AZatul

AZatul Member

This is happening to me tonight. Did you ever get this resolved? Why is it happening? I think I am going to unplug right now to be safe.

• Funny x 1
  9. Sparky4life

Sparky4life Member

I saw the same thing last night. I had it set to charge to 80% starting at midnight, which it did, but then it kept cycling back on about every few minutes, all night long! In all cases it turned back off within a minute. It's not a notification bug with the app, Teslafi.com shows 35 (!) charges overnight. There's no reason for it to turn back on since it was already at 80%.

10. Sparky4life

Sparky4life Member

I just called Tesla about this and they said it is a known issue and a fix is in the works but has not yet been released.

11. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

This happened a year or two ago with the S and X, and if I recall correctly the issue was with Tesla’s servers rather than what was happening in the car.

12. AZatul

AZatul Member

I sat in the car while it was happening and it was starting and stopping the charge every minute. So if it’s just a server issue it was actually making the car charge on and off, not just the notifications

13. Sparky4life

Sparky4life Member

I enabled 'Teslafi Sleep Mode' on the Teslafi website and the problem did not happen last night. We'll see if that holds up...

14. HelloJohnny

HelloJohnny Member

@opencar I've also experienced these notifications after my charge was complete at 80% overnight today. I only did receive about 4 notifications in the morning about 10-15 mins after my charge was complete and I had opened the app to check.

I'm running iOS 12 beta 4 on iPhone X and on the latest Tesla app update (Versions 3.4.3) Haven't had this issue before the new update.

15. devg

devg Member

This is a good data point. I had this happen 2-3 times so far and chalked it off as a server issue, the server which is pushing notifications to the app. Didn't know the car was entering the charge cycle each time we get a notification.

16. forkee

forkee Member

maybe after being fully charged, the car climate control would kick in for a few minutes and drain the battery. then the car would start charging again to top it off, then the process repeats itself.

17. UltralightBeam

Can you try this again at 78 or 79%? I read somewhere that when they did that, it stopped... Now if it was permanent... who knows. Good to know Tesla is aware though of the problem.

18. tesliel3

tesliel3 New Member

Thank you! This started to happen to me about 1 week ago---- was going to report it. You beat me to it :)

19. Bandit

Bandit Member

I came to this thread because I got the notification barrage last night. I notice several other posts mention they had the charge value set to 80%. I did as well, and I don't usually. The only time this happened to me (last night) I was charging to 80% overnight.

20. I I I

I I I Member

Had my AWD since Saturday. Each night had a scheduled charge for 90%. Last night, I knew I wasn’t going to drive far today so I set it for around 60% I believe. This morning, I received the barrage, when up to this point I received only one start and one stop. Fired up the app and observed the charging started and then stopped. Clicked on/off with no change to remaining range. Recorded video showing one of the “cycles”. Version 28.3