Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

charging notification barrage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i've had my model 3 for 3 weeks and have done nightly overnight charging on the car timer with no issues. two days ago, i started getting the following notifications. Anybody else have this issue or have ideas about what is happening?

Image-1.jpg

i've had my model 3 for 3 weeks and have done nightly overnight charging on the car timer with no issues. two days ago, i started getting the following notifications. Anybody else have this issue or have ideas about what is happening?

View attachment 295463
This is happening to me tonight. Did you ever get this resolved? Why is it happening? I think I am going to unplug right now to be safe.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I saw the same thing last night. I had it set to charge to 80% starting at midnight, which it did, but then it kept cycling back on about every few minutes, all night long! In all cases it turned back off within a minute. It's not a notification bug with the app, Teslafi.com shows 35 (!) charges overnight. There's no reason for it to turn back on since it was already at 80%.

This happened a year or two ago with the S and X, and if I recall correctly the issue was with Tesla’s servers rather than what was happening in the car.

I sat in the car while it was happening and it was starting and stopping the charge every minute. So if it’s just a server issue it was actually making the car charge on and off, not just the notifications

@opencar I've also experienced these notifications after my charge was complete at 80% overnight today. I only did receive about 4 notifications in the morning about 10-15 mins after my charge was complete and I had opened the app to check.

I'm running iOS 12 beta 4 on iPhone X and on the latest Tesla app update (Versions 3.4.3) Haven't had this issue before the new update.

I sat in the car while it was happening and it was starting and stopping the charge every minute. So if it’s just a server issue it was actually making the car charge on and off, not just the notifications
This is a good data point. I had this happen 2-3 times so far and chalked it off as a server issue, the server which is pushing notifications to the app. Didn't know the car was entering the charge cycle each time we get a notification.

I came to this thread because I got the notification barrage last night. I notice several other posts mention they had the charge value set to 80%. I did as well, and I don't usually. The only time this happened to me (last night) I was charging to 80% overnight.

Had my AWD since Saturday. Each night had a scheduled charge for 90%. Last night, I knew I wasn’t going to drive far today so I set it for around 60% I believe. This morning, I received the barrage, when up to this point I received only one start and one stop. Fired up the app and observed the charging started and then stopped. Clicked on/off with no change to remaining range. Recorded video showing one of the “cycles”. Version 28.3