Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging on Gold Coast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those travelled to or located on Gold Coast, what are the best options for charging? Will arrive with about 30kw left and staying for 2 nights, need 50kw to get home to Sunshine Coast.

Only have 10amp charger, so will try to use hotel power, but not sure what they have available yet.

Thanks

Those travelled to or located on Gold Coast, what are the best options for charging? Will arrive with about 30kw left and staying for 2 nights, need 50kw to get home to Sunshine Coast.

Only have 10amp charger, so will try to use hotel power, but not sure what they have available yet.

Thanks
There's a J1772 (if you have an adaptor) at the Bishop car park or a CHAdeMO at QU at St Lucia (if you have an adaptor) to charge of the way through.

Maybe Runaway Bay Marina

Runaway Bay Marina.jpeg

Thanks for all the help, stayed at Sofitel, they have 2 BMW chargers with an adapter for Tesla, first night plugged into 10amp PowerPoint, but next day told me they have adapater for BMW charger, 3 phase 32amp, got just over 100km/hr charge.

Sorry not up to speed on adapters, one was standard Tesla apdapter, but to be honest they both looked the same, just one side male and other side female, type 2? But the one that plugged into BMW wall charger looked a little bit bigger than Tesla end...

Simbul, assume you have dual chargers?

Not 100% sure, my Tesla is ex demo, but couldn't find any documentation if dual charger or not...

When in a normal 10amp charger l only get 8-12km/hr depending on how good line is, but others have said no point getting 3 phase 32 amps unless have dual charger as most you can get is around 65km/hr on single charger, and l have 3 phase 16amp at home and get around 51km/hr.

Not 100% sure, my Tesla is ex demo, but couldn't find any documentation if dual charger or not...

When in a normal 10amp charger l only get 8-12km/hr depending on how good line is, but others have said no point getting 3 phase 32 amps unless have dual charger as most you can get is around 65km/hr on single charger, and l have 3 phase 16amp at home and get around 51km/hr.
That's a single charger

Thanks for all the help, stayed at Sofitel, they have 2 BMW chargers with an adapter for Tesla, first night plugged into 10amp PowerPoint, but next day told me they have adapater for BMW charger, 3 phase 32amp, got just over 100km/hr charge.
If you got just over 100km/hr from any AC charger then you must have dual chargers. You will still get only 50km/h at home with your 16A 3ph supply.