Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging Port door closes immediately after opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is happening to me too, few days after an update to 2024.14.8. I had charged OK a few times, but then I failed to start a charge (on a Blink charger - it's always problematic) and then it started open/close. None of the advice above has helped so far.

Happened to me. I have a J1772 charger with the NACS adapter on it. I normally press the physical disconnect charger button on the handle and then quickly re-engage it and pull out the entire handle plus adapter in the small window of time this creates. However, for some reason this time the port did not unlock. I think it may have been due to the Bluetooth key somehow not being seen by the car.

At any rate, this is when the port door simply would not open, even tho I was able to unlock the adapter from the in car console. I had to manually pull the door open to put the charger back in, and the door continually tried to close regardless of the charger being in and would not stay open, etc.

Luckily, I simply went to sleep on it and the problem appeared to have resolved itself in the morning. Definitely a software bug of some sort. I suspect fiddling with the charger while the car and Bluetooth key thought they were not in proximity caused the issue.

This is happening to me too, few days after an update to 2024.14.8. I had charged OK a few times, but then I failed to start a charge (on a Blink charger - it's always problematic) and then it started open/close. None of the advice above has helped so far.
It's very possible that you simply have a faulty charging port door.

I put up with an erratic port door behavior for a while.. thinking it was just some occasional programming bug or whatever. But I had the SC center replace it under warranty and everything is back to expectation. Much better quality of life than putting up with this weirdness.