Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charity bet #3: first Starship in orbit (redux)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And another one bites the dust. Sorry @ICUDoc. March 2023 is still open though if you want to join the double down club! Remember, the bet isn’t only about launch, it is also about surviving intact to splash down in Hawaii, which is an as hard if not a harder problem. The first launch has at most a 50% chance of succeeding with this bet.

• Love
Reactions: ICUDoc
And another one bites the dust. Sorry @ICUDoc. March 2023 is still open though if you want to join the double down club! Remember, the bet isn’t only about launch, it is also about surviving intact to splash down in Hawaii, which is an as hard if not a harder problem. The first launch has at most a 50% chance of succeeding with this bet.
Yup, I'm up for another crack at his.
March 13 2023 it is!

And @Grendal is the latest to bite the dust for this bet. I will most likely join him soon enough since it doesn't look like December is going to happen either. We still have July 2023 available for the pessimistic (or is it realistic) person out there.

Well, I have to admit to being (even more) excited about the possibility of a launch in February. Somewhat frustratingly we are in Thailand and Laos for a small ship cruise on the Mekong until 17th Feb and I have absolutely no idea how good WiFi will be on board. Needless to say I really want to watch the flight in real time if at all possible. I watch any YouTube channels about SpaceX and monitor this forum daily. One good thing about being retired.

The absolutely perfect date would be 13 Feb, since that's my birthday!

Reactions: Grendal
And @DandAQ bites the dust leaving @ICUDoc in the catbird seat. August 2023 and beyond are still unclaimed, hopefully we won't have to go there...

It is getting close to when I should open up a bet on when SpaceX will spin off Starlink. It could very well happen next year. I'll wait a few months I think before starting up that one - what do you guys think?