Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to have all funds sent, no? I wasn't given any instructions so the bank wired the money to Teslas Wells Fargo account and I paid my down payment online.
Sorry but that is not a requirement except in Texas. You should have had your bank give you a cashiers check to take to the delivery. That way the funds would still be in your hand. Is this your first car purchase?

Maybe you should have considered joining this site before you paid for the car and read the stories on here. Everyone is warned not to prepay for the car.

Sounds like a crock. You have not been contacted? Yet you prepaid for a car that no one notified you was coming. Yeah right. There is a term for people like you, trolls.
To be exact, because I'm leaving details out. I've gotten one email from my delivery advisor, and one phone call. It's fine. Called the 888# and my advisor is supposed to still call me today to reschedule.

@beachbum77 - you are actually incorrect about TX being the only state that you have to prepay for the car. The CLT delivery center in NC does NOT have a sales license, and cannot process paperwork/take payment. I'm also pretty sure @Cjh85 was stating that he hadn't been told about his delivery being re-scheduled due to both DC/SC locations in NC closing for the hurricane. Not that he wasn't contacted about delivery at all. Not sure why you're calling him a troll...

@Cjh85 - when our first delivery date was changed, our VIN disappeared and our timeline went back to the 2 month window it was before. I don't think our actual delivery date or the VIN were ever populated back into the website, yet we have the same VIN we were originally assigned, and we got delivery worked out. For similar reasons we ended up "pre-paying" for the car for about 2 weeks. It was annoying and super frustrating at the time - but worth it in the end! Hang in there!

Reactions: TrickyDimitri
@beachbum77 - you are actually incorrect about TX being the only state that you have to prepay for the car. The CLT delivery center in NC does NOT have a sales license, and cannot process paperwork/take payment. I'm also pretty sure @Cjh85 was stating that he hadn't been told about his delivery being re-scheduled due to both DC/SC locations in NC closing for the hurricane. Not that he wasn't contacted about delivery at all. Not sure why you're calling him a troll...

@Cjh85 - when our first delivery date was changed, our VIN disappeared and our timeline went back to the 2 month window it was before. I don't think our actual delivery date or the VIN were ever populated back into the website, yet we have the same VIN we were originally assigned, and we got delivery worked out. For similar reasons we ended up "pre-paying" for the car for about 2 weeks. It was annoying and super frustrating at the time - but worth it in the end! Hang in there!

Thank you for that advice. I'm sure it'll be fine. If you guys are like me, you obsessively update your mytesla account online and as soon as there's change you wonder why no one is contacting you. I'll keep faith. As many have said, once you get the car, the wait and frustrations disappear into the dust!

Everyone stay safe out there!

Reactions: Sg911
Thank you for that advice. I'm sure it'll be fine. If you guys are like me, you obsessively update your mytesla account online and as soon as there's change you wonder why no one is contacting you. I'll keep faith. As many have said, once you get the car, the wait and frustrations disappear into the dust!

Everyone stay safe out there!
I got a call around noon today from somebody at the Charlotte location. @beachbum77 I didn’t realize you were waiting for your car to be delivered in NC, or Charlotte NC to be specific. If so, then we would love to hear your perspective on this situation. @Picaflora is correct, only Raleigh has a sales license for the state. In Charlotte they cannot legally accept any payment at the service center. A quick Google search would give you the information you need on what states have restrictions on Tesla sales; in fact there is a handy map in these very TMC forums that you can consult. @Cjh85 could have waited until arrival at the lot before submitting the online payment, however, then there is a risk it doesn’t process on the spot. I too have already paid my remaining balance. I would check your loan to verify when your first payment is, and what month that payment is for. If I don’t get mine in time, then my plan is to let Tesla know they can work with the bank to adjust the loan, or they can make my first payment until I receive the vehicle. We shall see. I am just going to see what they tell me when they update me on Tuesday, and then go from there.

Reactions: Sg911

Of all the places I expected to see somebody called a troll for asking a valid question, this is not the place. SMH

My VIN showed in my account today (AWD, Red, Sport wheels, White interior, EAP). Account still shows pickup next Saturday at 10 AM, but I have 2 different delivery advisors telling me 2 different stories — so who knows. Had travel plans that I cancelled because of the appointment, now I don’t know if I should go ahead and reschedule the travel or stay home. Frustrating...

My VIN showed in my account today (AWD, Red, Sport wheels, White interior, EAP). Account still shows pickup next Saturday at 10 AM, but I have 2 different delivery advisors telling me 2 different stories — so who knows. Had travel plans that I cancelled because of the appointment, now I don’t know if I should go ahead and reschedule the travel or stay home. Frustrating...
My advice is to plan the delivery around your schedule, and not the other way around. That way you don’t change plans only to end up with a moved delivery. I am guessing the deliveries they missed due to this storm will cause a bit of a backlog they will have to work through. Mine was scheduled for today, and I am supposed to get a call Tuesday to talk about my next delivery date. Mine wasn’t just the storm either; they noticed some paint issues that need correcting. My car didn’t arrive at the Charlotte lot until 2 days before my scheduled delivery, and with that tight a timeframe they may still find things that need corrected. Personally, I would prefer they receive the car, do a full sweep for issues,and then correct those before scheduling delivery.

I’m scheduled for delivery on the morning of Saturday 22nd at Matthews, no contact since then even though I asked to correct DOB/license data. I’m expecting them to get serious next week, so not worried for now... I don’t think home delivery is more efficient in my case as I live 30mins away... it would be nice to get the VIN though to formalize insurance of course!

Update : got VIN yesterday (100XXX) and instructions to send payment - can’t do that till Wednesday, don’t think that should impact anything - IDA corrected my details so I’m good to go (pending addition of insurance)

Reactions: TrickyDimitri
My appointment is still on the books for tomorrow at 12:30 PM. I don't even know if my car is out of the shop yet, from the passenger door repaint..

Judging by how things have gone so far, I'm guessing no delivery tomorrow, and I will remain in the rental car from Tesla...now 25 days. I'm ready for MY car...
I will cross various thing for you. I am past the point of no return as well. I have no vehicle anymore, so we only have one car in our family now. My husband is gone for business until Wednesday and I have no car. Hopefully my call from Tesla on Tuesday will be good news.

Reactions: circleo12
I will cross various thing for you. I am past the point of no return as well. I have no vehicle anymore, so we only have one car in our family now. My husband is gone for business until Wednesday and I have no car. Hopefully my call from Tesla on Tuesday will be good news.
I could always drive my wife's car, but...a bright Yellow Fiat 500x isn't really my style :D

Perfect car for her, though.

My appointment is still on the books for tomorrow at 12:30 PM. I don't even know if my car is out of the shop yet, from the passenger door repaint..

Judging by how things have gone so far, I'm guessing no delivery tomorrow, and I will remain in the rental car from Tesla...now 25 days. I'm ready for MY car...
@circleo12 is your delivery still on? Did anybody reach out otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.