Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Charlotte NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome. Hope we will get the Matrix headlights
If it's a Fremont vin, they definitely will mine came with them.
Exciting Update: "schedule delivery" email (not a text) came today!

OD 1:30/2023 Blue/Black/19
1st EDD: Feb-Mar
2nd EDD: Mar - May
2/27/23: Change to Red/Black/20 (accelerated delivery)
VIN Assigned: 2/27/23
3rd EDD: Mar 15 - 22
4th EDD: Mar 12 - 21 (updated 3/5/23)
Schedule Delivery Email: 3/10/23
Delivery Day: 3/15/23 (earliest available spot)

Delivery location : Charlotte NC
Be prepared for a mad house. The Charlotte store covers a large region. I picked mine up on the 3rd at 2:30 and it was a packed house. Talking to my SA, they currently have a backlog of about 800 tickets. The good news? My car was perfect with zero issues so far 🤞

• Helpful
Reactions: xxxadixxx
My EDD changed to April 8th to May 13 today (3/13) :confused:

My details are below
OD 1/21/2023 Blue/Black/19
1st EDD : Jan-Mar
2nd EDD : Mar 27-31st
3rd EDD: March 21-31st
No VIN yet
Delivery location : Charlotte NC
I am very sorry to hear about the change and I share your disappointment. I had the same order originally, placed 1/30. As the date slipped a couple of times I pivoted to an "accelerated delivery" version to get the car sooner. Luckily, my wife and I were at the delivery center for a demo drive a few days prior which made me more confident in the switch (we happen to have looked through a similar configuration while we were there). Hang in there and best of luck to you!

I am very sorry to hear about the change and I share your disappointment. I had the same order originally, placed 1/30. As the date slipped a couple of times I pivoted to an "accelerated delivery" version to get the car sooner. Luckily, my wife and I were at the delivery center for a demo drive a few days prior which made me more confident in the switch (we happen to have looked through a similar configuration while we were there). Hang in there and best of luck to you!
Thank you!

Being local to the Delivery Center paid off. My appointment was for tomorrow and I sent a text this morning letting them know I could be flexible if anyone dropped out today. They quickly responded, letting me know there was a spot this afternoon. I jumped on it!

The process was easy enough. After signing a couple of NC DMV documents, they pulled my car around and let me take my time walking through everything. There were 3 very minor paint imperfections which are very hard to see (it was a very bright afternoon which made the inspection easy). Other than that, everything was perfect.

They are cranking out the deliveries with tons of cars on the lot. Many more MYLR waiting for their happy new Owners.
IMG_6904.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: subra70
I got mine 1/2 hour less than one full month after ordering. I just finished my first road trip to the DC area and back. The supercharger network is great. Hang in there, it will be worth it. Most indications seem to say that the Model Y will still be eligible for the full $7500 tax rebate even after April 1st due to its US battery content and assembly. It drives great and all new BEVs that I saw for sale had quite long waits as well. Also, many would not qualify due to where the cars and batteries are made.

Attachments

• Tesla Car Pic 2 of 2.jpg
    Tesla Car Pic 2 of 2.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Tesla Car Pic 1 of 2.jpg
    Tesla Car Pic 1 of 2.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 49
My first post in the forum!

OD 4/16/23 Red/White/19
1st EDD: Apr-Jun
No VIN yet

I will be out of country from May last week onwards for 4 weeks. If the vehicle is ready for delivery during that period, will I be able to forego the delivery, and get back in the waiting queue without having to place a new order? Unless the price goes down, I don’t want to end up having to reorder.

My first post in the forum!

OD 4/16/23 Red/White/19
1st EDD: Apr-Jun
No VIN yet

I will be out of country from May last week onwards for 4 weeks. If the vehicle is ready for delivery during that period, will I be able to forego the delivery, and get back in the waiting queue without having to place a new order? Unless the price goes down, I don’t want to end up having to reorder.
You can place a one time hold of up to 14 days on your order, but they normally release your VIN which makes it available to anyone. I would wait for the last day of your delivery notice and then request a delay if I needed one. Check with your SA for further details.

My first post as well!

OD 4/26/23 White/Black/19
EDD: Apr-Jun (Hoping it doesn't get extended!)
No VIN yet

Coming from a Chevy Volt, I am looking forward to no more gas station visits (about twice a year now) and no more oil changes (once every two years). Love electric driving! Quiet and smooth and fast. :cool:

My order details below for delivery to Charlotte, NC (live in SC)...
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
OD: May 28. 2023
EDD1: June-July 2023
EDD2: (updated 6/5/23): June 18 - June 30
EDD3: TBD
EDD4: TBD
VIN: TBD

No updates for a while but hoping that I get an update in the next few days since my auto loan rate lock expires on June 26th!

My first post as well!

OD 4/26/23 White/Black/19
EDD: Apr-Jun (Hoping it doesn't get extended!)
No VIN yet

Coming from a Chevy Volt, I am looking forward to no more gas station visits (about twice a year now) and no more oil changes (once every two years). Love electric driving! Quiet and smooth and fast. :cool:
Picked up my MY in Charlotte on May 10, so only 2 weeks from order to pick up! Great car and lots of fun to drive!
😁

UPDATE...

EDD3: (updated 6/18/23): June 24-30
VIN: Assigned 6/18/23!

Went through the app and provided proof of insurance and submitted final payoff... anyone know what the next steps are and usually how long it takes to be able to schedule delivery date from here?

My order details below for delivery to Charlotte, NC (live in SC)...
  • Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
EDD3: TBD
VIN: TBD

No updates for a while but hoping that I get an update in the next few days since my auto loan rate lock expires on June 26th!

EDD2 (updated 6/5/23): June 18 - June 30
EDD3: VIN Assigned!
EDD 4: Delvery Scheduled 6/24/2023
EDD 5: Scheduled Delivery 6/23/23

Picked up today and no issues on inspection!

UPDATE...

EDD3: (updated 6/18/23): June 24-30
VIN: Assigned 6/18/23!

Went through the app and provided proof of insurance and submitted final payoff... anyone know what the next steps are and usually how long it takes to be able to schedule delivery date from here?