Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chart of Traveling_speed / Total_range / Efficiency - via MotorMatchup data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
I created a table using MotorMatchup data.

u8Z3N7q.jpg

GbFMzjm.jpg

Note: below indicates MotorMatchUp used All-terrain tires.
L8aeZQh.jpg

Via: https://www.motormatchup.com/specifications?ids=654d5f69af94b76634e6837a

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1 and fholbert
Am I reading this right? Your charts seem to imply that, in practice at highway speeds on a flat surface, the range extender actually reduces range? I guess it could still be useful for slower driving (heavy loads or city driving?), or to have extra kWh on hand for something else (like power through the rear outlets for tools or charging another vehicle, or keeping the climate on forever camping in the truck, etc), but it seems a bit disingenuous to call it a "range extender" if that's how things work out.

ETA: Oh, it changed dramatically in later updated charts further down from some corrections. Maybe correct the one at the top?

Reactions: scottf200
ETA: Oh, it changed dramatically in later updated charts further down from some corrections. Maybe correct the one at the top?
I wish I could but this forum seems to get more and more restrictive. I cannot update the opening post. Nor can I delete any of my post in any thread like we used to be able to, AFAIK. I need to try another browser as perhaps I have some extension impacting me.