Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheap aero wheel cap kits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So like most people on here I got a lot of 'accesories' when I got my car (September last year). One thing was the hubcap centre kits as I wanted to take the aero hubcaps off.

Got them cheap on Amazon...but after a few months they now look like this

20200512_190708~2.jpg

Anyone else seeing this? Is it worth forking out £45 for the official Tesla ones?

For what it’s worth, the Tesla ones are still looking good after months for me. And they colour match.
That's good to know, got my set arriving tomorrow from Tesla.

Found the same on my BMW. The after market centre caps didn't last long but were about the 10th of the price of the genuine ones so even though it was wasteful to keep replacing them it was more economical.

I've found the price of the genuine Tesla accessories very reasonable. £25 for an aero cap, £45 for set of centre caps, £23 for a keycard and the parts list from what I've seen isn't bad either.

Much cheaper that other manufacturers e.g. BMW, Audi, Merc...

Not Tesla, but I purchased some knock off Chinese caps for my wife’s Evoque and a few months later they looked just like your picture!

Took the plunge and got some official JLR made caps and they’ve been perfect for the 2 years they’ve been on.

this is one thing you’re better to pay full whack for, the money Tesla want isn’t too unreasonable anyway, JLR wanted £100

Yeah and I got rubbish...hopefully this thread might stop someone else wasting their time with the cheapo ones...

New official Tesla ones arrive on Friday!

I have a cheapo set but they never got used
Anyone tried these?
Aero Wheel Centre Caps And 20 Lug Nut Cover Set - Model S 3 X Y — EV Accessories Ltd.

Seem to be dearer than the cheap ebay/amazon ones, but wondered if they were the same cheap rubbish (just charging more for them)?

They're the same ... but it's the winter salt that kills them ... a cheap set should do ok over the summer. Swap back to the Aeros when you need maximum range in the summer.

They're the same ... but it's the winter salt that kills them ... a cheap set should do ok over the summer. Swap back to the Aeros when you need maximum range
That's what I was thinking, Aerosmith for winter alloys for summer, change the look of the car as well.
I thought i would remove the zeros straight await and get some caps, but quite like the aeros now, so was just thinking of a summer change!

That's what I was thinking, Aerosmith for winter alloys for summer, change the look of the car as well.
I thought i would remove the zeros straight await and get some caps, but quite like the aeros now, so was just thinking of a summer change!

Yes, I got my car in September but yesterday was the first time I put my (cheap) caps and wheel nut covers on. Even the cheap ones seem decent quality but they obviously don't manage well in the winter. I really like the Aero look now so I wasn't even bothered but I had to take the covers off to do a touch up job on a scraped rear wheel. I might keep the new look during low mileage lock down but I can see the Aeros going back on at some point in the near future.