Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheap, unfinished Trunk on 5 Seat Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1270.jpg
IMG_1265.jpg

Very disappointed, waited two years for this car, traded in my 2014, 20,000 miles model S to have autopilot and today, I don't have autopilot, Maybe one day they will deliver the software promised, who knows when because they keep changing their promises ( I was told before the end of 2016). And this useless trunk that articles can fall under the seats and under the back panel because they are at different levels.

Reactions: Eclectic
View attachment 208612 View attachment 208613
Very disappointed, waited two years for this car, traded in my 2014, 20,000 miles model S to have autopilot and today, I don't have autopilot, Maybe one day they will deliver the software promised, who knows when because they keep changing their promises ( I was told before the end of 2016). And this useless trunk that articles can fall under the seats and under the back panel because they are at different levels.
Take a look at my response to your comment on this other thread:

Get your 5-seater pictures and videos here!

Eventually, some of your concerns will be addresses. Take a look at this photo of another delivery. It looks much better:

Attachments

• support.JPG
    support.JPG
    862.5 KB · Views: 75
I can see in the picture that the cover of the seat is covered but what about the different levels of the panels, there is a 3 to 4 inch gap that allows small items, groceries etc to fall. And the big question, why deliver an unfinished car?

There have been cases in the past where they started shipping new models before they got every last trim piece finalized - the privacy shelf in the original Model S, the shades for the Model X upper windows - if they have every part ready for the car to drive around with some interior inconveniences and it will take another design/manufacturing round-trip to get a trim piece finalized they will start shipping the cars and send the additional parts to owners after the fact.

There are 2 pieces that your car is missing - a vertical piece that hides the bottom of the seats and keeps items in the lower storage area from sliding forward into the second row, and a horizontal piece that completes the flat floor from the rear cargo shelf through to the seat backs. Some pictures are on this forum (possibly in the Interiors sub-forum) showing cars having been delivered with one or the other and sometimes neither.

I saw a 5 seater at the showroom yesterday that had both pieces but the horizontal cover was clearly made of a different material and too tall to make a truly flat floor. It looks like they are still working out a solution that will cover both areas and line up with the folded seat backs and the easiest intermediate solution is to at least provide the regular rear cargo cover that fits the 6/7 seaters and occasionally a mockup of the additional pieces while they ramp up manufacturing/supply for the correct full cargo cover pieces.