Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get your 5-seater pictures and videos here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1265.jpg
This is how My 5 seat Model X Trunk Looks, is unfinished and has tow levels so articles in the trunk fall in the crack under the seast and or under the back base because is not at the same level. CHEAP FINISH, CHEAP LOOKING, maybe Tesla is starting to cut corners. A disgrace for a car of this price. Not even a LADA would be so badly finished.

Reactions: acarlos1000
View attachment 208611 This is how My 5 seat Model X Trunk Looks, is unfinished and has tow levels so articles in the trunk fall in the crack under the seast and or under the back base because is not at the same level. CHEAP FINISH, CHEAP LOOKING, maybe Tesla is starting to cut corners. A disgrace for a car of this price. Not even a LADA would be so badly finished.
Did they not tell you that there are pieces missing that you will get later? Take a look at the latter parts of this thread:

Model X 5 Seat Deliveries

They go into what's missing and then photos from people that have gotten the other parts. There is still one issue for me that is unresolved: a floor panel to properly cover the 'well' area at the back of the car so that you get a perfectly flat cargo floor in the lower position, but beyond that, I'm happy with what I'm seeing develop for the 5-seater, which is what I have on order.

It will be awkward to resolve the different levels of what you call the "well' area because that would create two extra levels to be a flat trunk. It seems to me that this is poor design, it was ok for the 7 or 6 seat but they where not ready for the 5 seat and improvised something to make deliveries.

Current build looks like this for fully flat w/high rear panel, low rear panel w/o middle panel (there is a 2" step, not 1", and a gap small things could fall into, minor grip), and dog not being impressed in any case with how I drive configuration.
View attachment 208656 View attachment 208657 View attachment 208659

Can you show me a side view of your rear bench with the entire car in the photo? I want to see how the side of the bench looks like to people when I open my FWD in the future.

Current build looks like this for fully flat w/high rear panel, low rear panel w/o middle panel (there is a 2" step, not 1", and a gap small things could fall into, minor grip), and dog not being impressed in any case with how I drive configuration.
View attachment 208656 View attachment 208657 View attachment 208659
I continue to think that besides the forward floor panel that a lot of people are missing, there is another smaller panel needed that will fit over the well area that will make the lower floor in the cargo area also flat. Once I have my car, I plan to press the case with Tesla that they can't possibly expect me to accept a lower floor that isn't also flat and for which they totally provided when they designed the well area with a shelf around it to accept that smaller panel. I'm going to insist that they list that in the Due Bill, or whatever it's called for work not delivery on transfer. Worst case, I'll have to build one myself, but that shouldn't be necessary in a vehicle this expensive.

I will say, it may not try to be as automatic or luxurious with the seats in the the 6/7 seater, but fold those suckers flat and even removing those panels gives you so much storage - impressed. It isn't all flat that way but there can't be another SUV of our dimensions with this much storage inside. Thanks!

Fully reclined.jpg

2nd Row Seat Fully Reclined

Fully upright.jpg

2nd Row Seats Fully Upright
The difference between fully upright and fully reclined if not much, but it's ok. There are also several positions in between the two extremes.

back panel in lower pos.jpg

Back Panel in Lower Position (front panel removed)

back panel in lower pos2.jpg
Back Panel in Lower Position (front panel removed)
The front floor is about 5 cm lower than the back panel. There is also a 3 cm gap that things could fall into.

Finally took my pics. I am at home in my garage using an iPhone. I hope I covered everyone's requests..
IMG_4202.JPG

FWD opening showing rear seat with front door visible.
IMG_4210.JPG

Everything one level in the back. This is huge storage. I should have taken a pic when I filled this up on Saturday.

IMG_4209.JPG

From the FWD, notice generic weathertech mat. Blue Arrow on wall is for my electrician installing HWPC tomorrow. That way I can still open my doors. I had planned on just using the 14-50 or my juicebox, but the electrician thinks he can put a much larger breaker in my panel. If I can get 48 amps, it will be worth it.
IMG_4208.JPG

Beautiful panel that everyone at the Chicago Dealership was checking out along with the rear seats. This is with the leveling floor section removed. I can't find your magical D-rings by the back seats.
IMG_4207.JPG

Top view of panel behind seats
IMG_4206.JPG

With seats up and floor panel removed from back of car.
IMG_4205.JPG

One seat down, one up
IMG_4203.JPG

Same shot with level floor. Minor gap between two floor pieces. Tempted to make a gasket hinge to flip back floor up.
IMG_4201.JPG

Door handle alignment is great. I shoul have put my ruler across them for you.
IMG_4211.JPG

Solve-it Dog Hammock with straps to keep Tyger in the middle of the seat. This is the same one from my Electric Ford Focus. He can't reach the windows from the middle With his harness on I stopped using the door protector inserts. Dog enjoyed the Focus, but demands rides in the MX...pretty weird.

Reactions: NikeWings
Can anyone post the dimensions of the second row seat leg room? I'm guessing they positioned them to be like the current second row just moved all the way back, but it would be good to know how much actual space is there.

With kids and car seats it can really make or break our decision on a switch.

Can anyone post the dimensions of the second row seat leg room? I'm guessing they positioned them to be like the current second row just moved all the way back, but it would be good to know how much actual space is there.

With kids and car seats it can really make or break our decision on a switch.
Depends fully on front seat locations. Second seats in 5 seater, cannot move forward or backward.

I guess min/max gap from driver seat back to 2nd row forward seat edge is what you ask? And it is a tilted kind of clearance.