Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt EV mis-advertising access to Tesla Supercharger and CHAdeMO stations it can’t use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current myChevrolet app has a map feature that shows charging stations. I can see Superchargers, Nissan, Honda(!), and BMW dealers. It does kindly point out that the Superchargers are incompatible, when selected. It does not show my nearest two GM dealers. There are no EV-specific navigation features.
It isn't clear to me if they are imminently about to push an update with new features or if they are just going to announce "there it is, enjoy!".

In any event, I was told they planned to make some announcement about it before the first customer delivery and that should be imminent.

The search function logic is horrendous. I can't search the Corona area from my current location other than getting a short list in the immediate vicinity of Corona. I can't seem to find those dealers you listed. It does find my local dealers as destinations but doesn't have them listed as charging locations. The charging station feature in the app, as it currently exists, is frustrating and a complete waste of time for me. PlugShare is far superior in this regard, but it can't send destinations to OnStar in the vehicle, if you use that navigation service.
I wonder if OnStar will route you through DCFC stations on a long trip.

I use the onstar app with my Volt, so I thought I would take a look at the myChevrolet app out here in the Midwest (or "way out East" for CA folks).

It shows a few (very few) of the J1772 stations nearby. It also shows Rickers gas stations with dual Chademo/CCS DC chargers. Those stations do not have L2 J1772 available. I could buy gas though, so at least I would not be up the creek with no paddle.

GSP

I use the onstar app with my Volt, so I thought I would take a look at the myChevrolet app out here in the Midwest (or "way out East" for CA folks).

It shows a few (very few) of the J1772 stations nearby. It also shows Rickers gas stations with dual Chademo/CCS DC chargers. Those stations do not have L2 J1772 available. I could buy gas though, so at least I would not be up the creek with no paddle.

GSP
Can you or @McRat ask OnStar if they can send you a route that would allow you to drive electric the whole way? Not sure if they could pretend you have a Bolt for the sake of argument.