TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Chevy Bolt EV mis-advertising access to Tesla Supercharger and CHAdeMO stations it can’t use

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by hmmm, Dec 6, 2016.

1. hmmm

hmmm Member

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

More likely someone who is clueless about EVs saw a map of DC charging and used it without any understanding. Remember, never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  3. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

Especially when dealing with GM.

RT

• Funny x 3
  4. hmmm

hmmm Member

All I am trying to do is stir the pot a little and you're finding rational reasons behind their snafu....great quote/reference btw, I learned something today (the bar is set pretty low, but still...)

• Funny x 2
  5. bro1999

bro1999 Active Member

Probably some n00b Chevy marketing intern that is clueless about EV charging. Pretty sure no intentional misleading was intended....just some goofed. Not surprised Electrek took off running though. Need at least 1 negatively slanted GM article per day, right? ;)

• Funny x 1
  6. diamond.g

diamond.g Member

Is GM still relying on the phone app to provide locations of chargers are is there an in car option that shows them?

7. Jeff N

Jeff N Active Member

The in-car charging location lookup happens via CarPlay or Android Auto. I'm pretty sure there is nothing built-in if you don't have an apple or Android phone.

8. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

• Like x 1
  9. diamond.g

diamond.g Member

Interesting, I wasn't aware the ChargePoint App was CarPlay compatible.

10. Jeff N

Jeff N Active Member

11. McRat

McRat Active Member

#11 McRat, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Out of >30,000,000 cars. A fk'g death trap that's for sure. Lightning killed more people by an order of magnitude.

The switch deaths happen because by law all cars must disconnect the airbags when the 12v power is cut. These kinds of deaths first started when airbags were first installed in cars. At first, the limited liability for airbag deaths stopped litigation. Then the law changed.

Included in the 124 deaths are people in the back seats whom airbags would not have saved.

Our family put more than a 1/2 million miles on Killer Chevys during the recall perior, probably more than 1 million miles. We never had an ignition switch turn off unintentionally. However, like all cars, we don't hang 50 keys and toys from car key chains, and we don't drive drunk down twisty mountain roads at high speeds like the original case.

Right now, you are more likely to be killed by Autopilot than an ignition switch.

• Disagree x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. McRat

McRat Active Member

#12 McRat, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    BTW - Sit in a car normally and safely. See if you can turn the key with your knee accidently. All cars with key ignitions have the same issue. Somewhere I video'd a Killer Camaro on YouTube. You have to a gymnast to get your knee up there. In a collision, by the time your leg can hit the dash, the bag has already fired or it would do no good.

So now we will be stuck without keys and have to rely on batteries and durability of fobs. Pretty soon, a fob will cause another drunk driver to die, then the process starts all over again.

And no, none of our trucks exploded because we do not put model rocket engines on the fuel tank and drill multiple .125" dia holes in the tank. We leave that to "journalists" paid by lawyers to air on TV. By the time it was discovered (they hid the TV crash trucks, it took awhile to find them) and a university study found gas tank fires were statistically the same among Ford, Dodge, and Chevy during the Killer Truck years, it was already too late. The case was decided and it allowed many lawyers to retire for life.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  13. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Good thing I don't have Auto Pilot ;)

• Funny x 1
  14. diamond.g

diamond.g Member

Apparently Apple now shows charging stations from ChargePoint in the native Maps app. That is cool, I hadn't noticed that.

• Informative x 1
  15. Zoomit

Zoomit Member

The current myChevrolet app has a map feature that shows charging stations. I can see Superchargers, Nissan, Honda(!), and BMW dealers. It does kindly point out that the Superchargers are incompatible, when selected. It does not show my nearest two GM dealers. There are no EV-specific navigation features.

16. McRat

McRat Active Member

Using 3.3.0 ?

17. Zoomit

Zoomit Member

Yes

18. McRat

McRat Active Member

#18 McRat, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    I'm in Corona, California (middle of SoCal)

The Rancho SC is not on the myChevrolet when I select any of the Volts as the active car.

It appears only J1772 spots are listed since it's a Volt.

I don't have a Spark EV or Bolt to register.

It is possible that your two closest Chevy dealers are not high voltage rated. Only about 2/3's are allowed to service them.

Could be worse, the ZR1 can only be serviced by about 1 out 10 dealers.

19. McRat

McRat Active Member

For dealers:

MK
    Singh
    Mark C
    Sage
    Moss Bros
    Tom Bell

It didn't list Elsinore, but that might be out of the target radius.

20. Zoomit

Zoomit Member

The search function logic is horrendous. I can't search the Corona area from my current location other than getting a short list in the immediate vicinity of Corona. I can't seem to find those dealers you listed. It does find my local dealers as destinations but doesn't have them listed as charging locations. The charging station feature in the app, as it currently exists, is frustrating and a complete waste of time for me. PlugShare is far superior in this regard, but it can't send destinations to OnStar in the vehicle, if you use that navigation service.