Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt EV mis-advertising access to Tesla Supercharger and CHAdeMO stations it can’t use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably some n00b Chevy marketing intern that is clueless about EV charging. Pretty sure no intentional misleading was intended....just some goofed. Not surprised Electrek took off running though. Need at least 1 negatively slanted GM article per day, right? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: GSP
#GMLives

GM ignition-switch death toll reaches 124

advertising is seriously the least of my GM concerns. I just wish, with every wish they'd go under.

Out of >30,000,000 cars. A fk'g death trap that's for sure. Lightning killed more people by an order of magnitude.

The switch deaths happen because by law all cars must disconnect the airbags when the 12v power is cut. These kinds of deaths first started when airbags were first installed in cars. At first, the limited liability for airbag deaths stopped litigation. Then the law changed.

Included in the 124 deaths are people in the back seats whom airbags would not have saved.

Our family put more than a 1/2 million miles on Killer Chevys during the recall perior, probably more than 1 million miles. We never had an ignition switch turn off unintentionally. However, like all cars, we don't hang 50 keys and toys from car key chains, and we don't drive drunk down twisty mountain roads at high speeds like the original case.

Right now, you are more likely to be killed by Autopilot than an ignition switch.

Last edited:
BTW - Sit in a car normally and safely. See if you can turn the key with your knee accidently. All cars with key ignitions have the same issue. Somewhere I video'd a Killer Camaro on YouTube. You have to a gymnast to get your knee up there. In a collision, by the time your leg can hit the dash, the bag has already fired or it would do no good.

So now we will be stuck without keys and have to rely on batteries and durability of fobs. Pretty soon, a fob will cause another drunk driver to die, then the process starts all over again.

And no, none of our trucks exploded because we do not put model rocket engines on the fuel tank and drill multiple .125" dia holes in the tank. We leave that to "journalists" paid by lawyers to air on TV. By the time it was discovered (they hid the TV crash trucks, it took awhile to find them) and a university study found gas tank fires were statistically the same among Ford, Dodge, and Chevy during the Killer Truck years, it was already too late. The case was decided and it allowed many lawyers to retire for life.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic and Yuri_G
  • Informative
Reactions: GSP
The plan is to deliver the charging station lookup and EV-enhanced navigation via the myChevrolet app. GM is supposed to release more information about this within the next couple of weeks.

New 2017 Chevy Bolt EV Details Emerge As First Deliveries Approach - HybridCars.com
The current myChevrolet app has a map feature that shows charging stations. I can see Superchargers, Nissan, Honda(!), and BMW dealers. It does kindly point out that the Superchargers are incompatible, when selected. It does not show my nearest two GM dealers. There are no EV-specific navigation features.

The current myChevrolet app has a map feature that shows charging stations. I can see Superchargers, Nissan, Honda(!), and BMW dealers. It does kindly point out that the Superchargers are incompatible, when selected. It does not show my nearest two GM dealers. There are no EV-specific navigation features.

Using 3.3.0 ?

I'm in Corona, California (middle of SoCal)

The Rancho SC is not on the myChevrolet when I select any of the Volts as the active car.

It appears only J1772 spots are listed since it's a Volt.

I don't have a Spark EV or Bolt to register.

It is possible that your two closest Chevy dealers are not high voltage rated. Only about 2/3's are allowed to service them.

Could be worse, the ZR1 can only be serviced by about 1 out 10 dealers.

Last edited:
The search function logic is horrendous. I can't search the Corona area from my current location other than getting a short list in the immediate vicinity of Corona. I can't seem to find those dealers you listed. It does find my local dealers as destinations but doesn't have them listed as charging locations. The charging station feature in the app, as it currently exists, is frustrating and a complete waste of time for me. PlugShare is far superior in this regard, but it can't send destinations to OnStar in the vehicle, if you use that navigation service.