Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt screams middle America like Walmart Khakis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Bolt looks like a Japanese subcompact hatchback on the outside (the profile is a doppelganger for the Honda Fit), and the interior has clear Korean aesthetic.
If this be true (and I would have to take your opinion at face value), then what part of this car is GM? Perhaps that is unfair, since currently most things are very international. For example, we have discussions in Canada over how much a song is Canadian based on who wrote it, performed it, produced it, etc.

If this be true (and I would have to take your opinion at face value), then what part of this car is GM? Perhaps that is unfair, since currently most things are very international. For example, we have discussions in Canada over how much a song is Canadian based on who wrote it, performed it, produced it, etc.

All of it.

GM is a multinational automaker. If I remember correctly, the prior generation Chevy Cruze was largely designed and engineered by GM employees in South Korea.

Bolts will be sold at Chevy dealerships. That means if the demand is low, there will be plenty of negotiating room on price. There may even be factory incentives. If the demand is high, that means there will be extra dealer markup, beyond the sticker price. A key will be how the sales people are compensated. If Bolts are treated like all other Chevys, then there will be no incentive for the salesperson to recommend to a customer that they buy a Bolt, over some other car. The dealership, if Bolts have similar maintenance needs as a Tesla, will not have an aftermarket service profit as an extra incentive. On the other hand, if Chevy gives the salesman an extra bonus for selling a Bolt, and the dealer is paid something extra for factory warranty service, then you will see sales people steering customers to the Bolt.

Reactions: Patrick0101