Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China and Berlin production news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While China has ramped up production you need to remember that they're also expanding into more countries. Australia are now getting the Model Y which could easily soak up the extra production. Berlin is still slow on its ramp up but Tesla have moved into more European countries too so its easy to see a scenario where we don't get any more cars than we do now.

Full disclosure. I have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to Tesla deliveries. But if they can make cars at a rate of a couple of thousand a day I have to imaging they want them going in a steady stream out to customers as full ships are ready (if indeed they can get ships...) As that will be a lot of cars to sit taking up space somehere and a lot of money tied up in those cars.

Anyway. I'm just guessing as I really don't have a scooby on how Tesla so this. I'm just hopeful the production ramp up means my EDD of Nov 15 to December 30 ends up wrong!
There is nothing to indicate that Tesla will start shipping to the UK at the end of a quarter while they can sell the cars locally. Thus there will be no deliveries to the UK in the first 6 weeks of the next quarter. I cannot comment on your actual likely delivery but if you are hoping that it will be between October 1st and November 14th I'm afraid you are likely to be disappointed.
Delivery times for a model Y in China were recently reported to be down to 6 weeks. If that dropped to zero weeks and the cars were literally piling up outside the factory during September then things might change but while they can sell everything they can make in September in and around China then that is what they will continue to do.

I note what Franco has said about shipping continuing into the next quarter however I just don't buy it. Whilst I agree Elon stated he would get rid of the end-of-quarter frenzy he has already succeeded in doing this at a stroke in the USA by making all exports eminate from China. Getting Berlin up-to-speed will sort out Europe to a large degree too which will have a knock-on effect in China by smoothing sales out over the quarter there too. As far as the UK is concerned MIG MY will have a smoothing effect but M3 will still suffer from the end-of-quarter rush. When MS/MX start shipping from Fremont you can be pretty sure they will not be at sea at quarter end.
With Berlin shipping LR I belive we'll see more ships to UK in the following months. I have followed MIB LR deliveries and there are more and more confirmed every day.

With Berlin shipping LR I belive we'll see more ships to UK in the following months. I have followed MIB LR deliveries and there are more and more confirmed every day.
Not sure if things have changed - but Berlin is still making White & Black cars only?

I think Q4 for UK will still be quite dependant on Shanghai.

We will only know until October what the factory starts to churn out (Berlin), could be a completely new method of shipping for Q1 2023

• Disagree
Reactions: James7C2
I note what Franco has said about shipping continuing into the next quarter however I just don't buy it. Whilst I agree Elon stated he would get rid of the end-of-quarter frenzy he has already succeeded in doing this at a stroke in the USA by making all exports eminate from China. Getting Berlin up-to-speed will sort out Europe to a large degree too which will have a knock-on effect in China by smoothing sales out over the quarter there too. As far as the UK is concerned MIG MY will have a smoothing effect but M3 will still suffer from the end-of-quarter rush. When MS/MX start shipping from Fremont you can be pretty sure they will not be at sea at quarter end.
on that I will not bet, as I think the Europe deliveries will be more affected by the Chinese market health, if Chinese are ordering less cars, then they will increase Europe deliveries and make it through the quarter, what do you think about that? we have plenty noises that the Chinese market is going a bit down?

I haven't seen any MIG MYLR exported to Norway yet, still only performance
Not sure if things have changed - but Berlin is still making White & Black cars only?

I think Q4 for UK will still be quite dependant on Shanghai.
I think the point E_Had was making is that if Berlin is pumping more MY out, then theoretically China will have more capacity freed up to make and ship over RHD for UK market

I haven't seen any MIG MYLR exported to Norway yet, still only performance

I think the point E_Had was making is that if Berlin is pumping more MY out, then theoretically China will have more capacity freed up to make and ship over RHD for UK market
Tesla has just started selling the MY in Australia, so some of that ‘spare’ capacity will go there.