Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chinese Model 3's have the trunk name emblem!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
I never get tired of saying it, but once again - I WAS RIGHT!!!

I made a video on my YT channel saying how Model 3's needed to have the "Model 3" nameplate on the trunk, like what S's and X's got. Now I was on electrek this morning and in an article about the chinese GF, it showed photos of a 3 with the name plate on the trunk:

Tesla is going to make discontinued Model 3 Long Range RWD in China, already produced over 2,000 cars this year - Electrek

I guess someone from Tesla saw my video, that's the only conclusion I can come to.

My video from months ago:

The chinese name plate does not appear to have the same font as the original, but at least it is there.

I guess someone from Tesla saw my video, that's the only conclusion I can come to.

Or for whatever reason Tesla decided badging was more important for the Chinese market. Is there any other evidence of this? A photo from a single tweet is far from conclusive.

Side note, I like the lack of badging on my 3. It does say “Model 3” on the rear license plate frame but it’s not obnoxious like a separate badge would look.

The Chinese market loves brands. They live and breathe for showing off their wealth. The entire reason the Mercedes logo kept getting bigger and BMW has bigger grilles(to stand out). It makes sense for them to badge it for the Chinese market.

Comical, but VERY true.
I am fully expecting a Chinese-designed Tesla (coming) to have a ginormous LED-lit T-badge on the front and rear.
Just for that reason.

this again?

all of this arguing reminds me of this skit:

already went down this path on this board a while back with others. some people hate badges so much that they actually hate the people that like them much more so than the idea of badges themselves.

Badges are for insecure folks who can't bear the thought that people they don't even know might not understand how much money they spent on a car.

Badges are also for people who hate symmetry and thus have bad taste.

Badges are terrorism and mental abuse working together.

Badges are an assault on us all.

Destroy all badges.

Melt them to slag.

Forge into knives.

Killlllllllll….

Jay in Shanghai posted a video showing the badges: https://twitter.com/JayinShanghai/status/1228016365493047296

upload_2020-2-13_12-1-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-13_12-1-39.png
    upload_2020-2-13_12-1-39.png
    444 KB · Views: 134
Badges are for insecure folks who can't bear the thought that people they don't even know might not understand how much money they spent on a car.

Badges are also for people who hate symmetry and thus have bad taste.

Badges are terrorism and mental abuse working together.

Badges are an assault on us all.

Destroy all badges.

Melt them to slag.

Forge into knives.

Killlllllllll….

Forgot one. Badges are for those who came from a low income area, but got out and achieved and can now afford a $50,000 car, whereas no one they grew up with ever amounted to anything or left their small town. Then when said person rolls around for a once-in-a-while visit, person enjoys the subtle implication of achievement and the unspoken message of "I told you so" that comes from people saying their ideas wouldn't work, just stay here, get drunk every weekend and watch the game on the big screen tv we bought with our tax refund, etc.

Plus the badges look good to me. Most cars have them, including Teslas, so why not on the Model 3?