Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chirping sound from rear passenger side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm noticing that at highway speeds I can hear an intermittent chirping sound coming from the rear passanger side of my car. I don't hear it at lower speeds. It is also not entirely related to bumps on the road, and so far I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it.

I searched a bit online, and some other car forums suggest it can be from the wheel bearings, or something from the engine (which we of course don't have). Does anyone also have this issue as well, or does anyone know where it's coming from?

Is it still safe to drive, or do I need to plan a service visit immediately?

I had a hard to define noise that was a front wheel bearing. Guess “chirping” was a possible description. Happened starting about 25 mph. Get the service center to look at it if you can. Especially if you are still under warranty. If it is a wheel bearing, it takes a long time to go from bad to worse, but without more info,I wouldnt rule out half shafts or rear drive unit, or even a contaminated/ worn brake pad.

Hi,

I'm noticing that at highway speeds I can hear an intermittent chirping sound coming from the rear passanger side of my car. I don't hear it at lower speeds. It is also not entirely related to bumps on the road, and so far I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it.

I searched a bit online, and some other car forums suggest it can be from the wheel bearings, or something from the engine (which we of course don't have). Does anyone also have this issue as well, or does anyone know where it's coming from?

Is it still safe to drive, or do I need to plan a service visit immediately?
Did you ever figure out what this noise was? I know it’s been a LONG time but I am having the same issue.