Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Christmas Update Speculation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t be surprise to see an updated version of smart summon with the addition of smart auto-park.

Attachments

• 9022D56F-F150-42CA-8004-1F90B23C2DC2.jpeg
    9022D56F-F150-42CA-8004-1F90B23C2DC2.jpeg
    457.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 35AB7341-9167-4265-A719-32E3C0BE1F68.jpeg
    35AB7341-9167-4265-A719-32E3C0BE1F68.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 61
Freeway Level 3 wouldn't look anything different than what the cars do today - it'd just have the ability to deal with deer and road debris and no nags. Not exciting to try or preview (even though it's the main thing I really want right now.)

+1 to this. Level 3 ish on highway would be amazing,
I’d be ok with just nags before or around slow buildups of lower confidence situations.
However I believe we are 9mo..1y away from that if it includes merge lanes, construction zones, carpool lane dynamics, and driving safely (for passengers and other drivers sharing the road) when encountering a narrow class of road debris.

another thing I’d appreciate but have low hopes for is widening the band of weather conditions under which NoA works. I’m starting to feel that Seattle folks should get 25% discount on fsd!

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
+1 to this. Level 3 ish on highway would be amazing,
I’d be ok with just nags before or around slow buildups of lower confidence situations.
However I believe we are 9mo..1y away from that if it includes merge lanes, construction zones, carpool lane dynamics, and driving safely (for passengers and other drivers sharing the road) when encountering a narrow class of road debris.

another thing I’d appreciate but have low hopes for is widening the band of weather conditions under which NoA works. I’m starting to feel that Seattle folks should get 25% discount on fsd!

FSD is pretty hopeless in any inclement weather. But yeah Seattle’s a tough one. What with the terrible lane marking, the incessant rain, the fogging up of cameras etc, it’s a tough one for sure...

Sneak Peek to me means i can watch a video in my car on the MCU of how it “will operate” in the future. I can’t think of what sneak peek means in actual usable functionality. But technically, a sneak peek is to see or experience. So i guess it’s possible to actually have something functional. Why am i even typing, I’m not making much sense.

Well, we now know it's not just a video:

Elon Musk on Twitter

Elon tweets yes in reply to a question on whether it will require HW3. Any car could play a video, only HW3 could show off the latest features.

AWD still isn’t “the really fast one” people clearly pay for that.
Also paying 2K to upgrade their car vs not will be upping their asking price too.
So again you’ll see folks thing just a few grand more and I could get a real Performance model.

We’re all battling the price of a brand new car together.

That is by far the most interesting question out of this.

Freeway Level 3 wouldn't look anything different than what the cars do today - it'd just have the ability to deal with deer and road debris and no nags. Not exciting to try or preview (even though it's the main thing I really want right now.)

I'm going to guess it's fully automated city driving but still level 2/driver must watch and intervene. We saw that Tesla is now doing traffic lights and stop signs in the last release, though only while AP is engaged.

I'm crossing my fingers that this is the first HW3 "native" code base release. IMHO the release that unleashes HW3 will be a huge leap forward in the quality of current capabilities. In my mind at least, switching from HW2.5 based software to HW3 with the current feature set reasonably fits the description of a "sneak peak of FSD".

I'm crossing my fingers that this is the first HW3 "native" code base release. IMHO the release that unleashes HW3 will be a huge leap forward in the quality of current capabilities. In my mind at least, switching from HW2.5 based software to HW3 with the current feature set reasonably fits the description of a "sneak peak of FSD".

Yep I hope so. Maybe it will also fix the crap HW3 backup camera frame rate, finally, too...

*prays to the Tesla gods*

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with how my Raven does all the current AP tasks under the newest firmware - there's nothing I could point to and say it needs improvement. I haven't used NoA recently to see how well it's doing there. I'm hoping for interesting new functionality... :)