Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

City Council Candidate hits Model 3, then flees scene

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
64k views today. It's blown up. I really do appreciate the fact you are encouraging people to be involved in voting in the description.

The Teslarati article and the Musk tweet really blew it up (up to 72k now). This was never about any personal gain.

It would be nice if a few more people paid attention. The local city council (position that he's running for) get free gas-guzzler SUVs and free gas. Its literally the worst incentives you could provide if you are about sustainability (environmental or fiscal).

Great music! All dashcam videos should following this exemplary example.

Great to see that you take this whole incident in stride, OP!
I would have preferred speeding up the video with "Yakety Sax" as in the "Benny Hill" theme song, would be more fitting of this guys "acting" , the buffing motion, arms thrown up and chicken wings would be hilarious at high speed hahaha!

I would have preferred speeding up the video with "Yakety Sax" as in the "Benny Hill" theme song, would be more fitting of this guys "acting" , the buffing motion, arms thrown up and chicken wings would be hilarious at high speed hahaha!
It might be better for entertainment value, but I wanted timeframe accuracy with no cuts. Plus tons of videos get removed for copyright violations, so the music was published with no copyright.

I did send it over to the news station, they haven't picked it up yet. I should try the reporter directly.

Yes, absolutely -- and DO send him the links to the Reddit, Teslarati, and Elon tweets to show him how this is taking off. And then please post any resulting news article links here so I can run it in my own newsletter too. :)

But he's trying to give the run around and not share any info.

All you have to do is report an accident to the police and they will make a report. Then you request a copy of the report and it will have his vehicle information on it. Since it's a rental, the rental company will have his insurance information on file and should release it to the police officer. Let the police do the heavy lifting and then you will have what you need to report directly to his insurance carrier.

All you have to do is report an accident to the police and they will make a report. Then you request a copy of the report and it will have his vehicle information on it. Since it's a rental, the rental company will have his insurance information on file and should release it to the police officer. Let the police do the heavy lifting and then you will have what you need to report directly to his insurance carrier.

All the info necessary for claims has been provided to the insurance companies. The police report is not available yet, over a week later and has been requested by plenty of companies and media..

Reactions: Lucky_Man
All the info necessary for claims has been provided to the insurance companies. The police report is not available yet, over a week later and has been requested by plenty of companies and media..
I see it made it to the Electrek website. Many people are viewing your clip and getting a good laugh at this guy looking concerned with his hands on his hips. He must have thought he had buffed the scratches out so decided all was good and left. The average person can’t drive and parking lots are the worst place for hit and runs. Hope things work out for you and your car.

Reactions: ezevphl