Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone's page also look like this? the status goes from under review to nothing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 7.24.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 7.24.05 AM.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 115
I would expect all Aug applications to get approved in a couple of weeks.
Looks like they use salesforce to manage their documents so all our applications are probably checked out by who ever is reviewing them.

Final stage is approval on the doc and then re attaching it to the system for the approval emails.

Here is my conundrum. I've got an approved grant expiring 10 November.

I've had this sleeping order for Model 3 since May. So I texted my DA yesterday hoping to get assigned a VIN that will get delivered in time before grant expiring AND at the same time get the refreshed version of Model 3 (2021 VINs).

Well, this 2020 VIN showed up in my account today expected delivery of 14 to 20 Oct.

I am thinking of unmatching the VIN to get refreshed 2021 VIN Model 3.

I sent CVAP an email asking to extend the 10 Nov expiration, since it will be 5-8 weeks estimated delivery for California.

Unconfirmed, but Model 3 refresh has new center console, black exterior trim, heat pump, AND powered trunk.

What would you do?
Use the grant now and accept 2020 VIN or risk loosing the grant to get refreshed 2021 Model 3....:(

I've had this sleeping order for Model 3 since May. So I texted my DA yesterday hoping to get assigned a VIN that will get delivered in time before grant expiring AND at the same time get the refreshed version of Model 3 (2021 VINs).

Well, this 2020 VIN showed up in my account today expected delivery of 14 to 20 Oct.

I sent CVAP an email asking to extend the 10 Nov expiration, since it will be 5-8 weeks estimated delivery for California.

Unconfirmed, but Model 3 refresh has new center console, black exterior trim, heat pump, AND powered trunk.

What would you do?
Use the grant now and accept 2020 VIN or risk loosing the grant to get refreshed 2021 Model 3....:(
So someone verify this but..

If you tell your SA about the grant and provide them with the paperwork, they can apply it to your current reservation number and you don't have to purchase the car right away.

I believe someone on this forum did this and was able to get the grant applied to their reservation before they got a VIN giving them more time than the grant allowed.

BUT DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS. If someone has verification and proof that this works please let us know.

I asked for extension and was denied. My approval was before Tesla was excepted and was deciding what to purchase. Because of COVID was given extra 120 days instead of 45 usual days. I decided to purchase instead of wait was already happy Tesla was an approved car. It was never put on my down payment until day of pickup. They will only pay after you purchase car.

What would you do?
Congrats
When did you apply the program?
Thank you

Tomorrow marks my 60th day since I submitted my application. I called earlier because of the whole website issue thing, and the lady I spoke to gave me the usual “your application is up for review soon.”

She did also notice that tomorrow is my 60th day, so she added that “because of the current situation, there is an additional 30 days for processing time, but you should hear back with a decision soon.”

Oh well. I’ve waited this long, I can wait a bit more lol