Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So someone verify this but..

If you tell your SA about the grant and provide them with the paperwork, they can apply it to your current reservation number and you don't have to purchase the car right away.

I believe someone on this forum did this and was able to get the grant applied to their reservation before they got a VIN giving them more time than the grant allowed.

BUT DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS. If someone has verification and proof that this works please let us know.

I talked both to Tesla and CVAP. Tesla will only apply the grant in the MVPA. CVAP also wanted to see it in a purchase agreement and with at least a delivery date.

CVAP extended my expiration an extra week. They don't want to extend more than that.

CVAP also said that as long as the grant is applied in the purchase agreement (before grant expires) and WITH a known delivery date, they will honor it even of the car is delivered after the grant expiration date.

So I am hoping to get assigned a 2021 VIN before 17 Nov, and get an MVPA with the grant applied as down payment - then I will just have to show proof of a delivery date. From experience - delivery has been 2-3 weeks after VIN is assigned.

Congrats
When did you apply the program?
Thank you

Applied May 12th.
Approved July 8th.
Expiration 125 days from approval.

Reactions: everydaychris
Hello everyone! (First post lol)
So I'm also waiting on the CVAP funds, I applied back in late September. I placed an order for a model 3. On the Tesla website, it says that delivery is expected oct 14 - oct 16. I also got a 2020 vin assigned to me.

So I want 2021 vin (lol) and I'm not ready to take delivery until I get the CVAP grant. Is there someway I can get a 2021 vin assigned to me?
Should I just ignore the delivery scheduling until I the CVAP?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! (First post lol)
So I'm also waiting on the CVAP funds, I applied back in late September. I placed an order for a model 3. On the Tesla website, it says that delivery is expected oct 14 - oct 16. I also got a 2020 vin assigned to me.

So I want 2021 vin (lol) and I'm not ready to take delivery until I get the CVAP grant. Is there someway I can get a 2021 vin assigned to me?
Should I just ignore the delivery scheduling until I the CVAP?

Thanks in advance!

Seems to me that you would be better off deferring delivery because it will take at least two months from when you applied to CVAP for approval. I would tell them to reassign that VIN and ask for a December delivery.

I talked both to Tesla and CVAP. Tesla will only apply the grant in the MVPA. CVAP also wanted to see it in a purchase agreement and with at least a delivery date.

CVAP extended my expiration an extra week. They don't want to extend more than that.

CVAP also said that as long as the grant is applied in the purchase agreement (before grant expires) and WITH a known delivery date, they will honor it even of the car is delivered after the grant expiration date.

So I am hoping to get assigned a 2021 VIN before 17 Nov, and get an MVPA with the grant applied as down payment - then I will just have to show proof of a delivery date. From experience - delivery has been 2-3 weeks after VIN is assigned.

Applied May 12th.
Approved July 8th.
Expiration 125 days from approval.

7 wks for approval that's awesome. I'm at exactly 8 wks since app was submitted. Already preparing myself the full 12 wk weight time. As the CVAP employees seem to be really mailing it in this fall. I haven't heard of a single approval in this thread that's taken longer than 8 weeks. Fml!

I really don't understand all the yammering and angling for a 2021. For a possible updated center console?

It's probably not a big deal, but some of the reasons I have seen include:

- Possible improved resale value
- Not being in the first model year
- Possible improved fit and finish
- Possible refresh items that have been leaked for the M3 (which I highly doubt this soon)

Seems to me that you would be better off deferring delivery because it will take at least two months from when you applied to CVAP for approval. I would tell them to reassign that VIN and ask for a December delivery.
Do I have to call Tesla and ask them for a new vin and defer my delivery or should I just ignore the delivery scheduling until the CVAP decision is made?

Thanks!

Do I have to call Tesla and ask them for a new vin and defer my delivery or should I just ignore the delivery scheduling until the CVAP decision is made?

Thanks!

I’ve deferred delivery twice now while waiting for approval. It’s better to call your delivery center rather than ignoring the whole thing. They’ll understand why you’re postponing the delivery!

Reactions: Laguna M3
Give a worker 30 days to complete an application and they'll take 30 days. Let a worker work from home and give them 90 days to complete an application and they'll take 90 days...

Exactly. Don't know why it is taking so long for the application to be reviewed. I mean it seems very straightforward and simple to me. Looking at their wesbite, there are 10-15 people to work with the application and I don't think they have more than 500 application that they have worked with since March.

Hello all! Was wondering if anyone who applied for CVAP in late August or early September have received approval. I just got the message that the car is ready for pick up, and Don’t want to delay. I applied aug 26 and already postponed delivery once. It seems average approval is 8 weeks and I’m right there next week. Delivery is between oct 20-22. Haven’t heard of any approvals for people who applied on august.

Hello all! Was wondering if anyone who applied for CVAP in late August or early September have received approval. I just got the message that the car is ready for pick up, and Don’t want to delay. I applied aug 26 and already postponed delivery once. It seems average approval is 8 weeks and I’m right there next week. Delivery is between oct 20-22. Haven’t heard of any approvals for people who applied on august.

most likely, you’re going to have to reject delivery again. CVAP is apparently still reviewing July apps. I submitted mine on 8/23 and haven’t heard anything.

I’m on my 9 weeks today and still haven’t heard anything. I applied August 14th and already delayed delivery twice...

They need to hurry it up lol