Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello again,

Just got the email from CVAP that I was approved.

Now, anyone in Socal with a good SA that knows what this is about? Would be nice to have a decent SA that is familiar with the process or anyone for that matter. Thanks!

Just relax and it will happen. If anything email them they respond fast.

I did it within 2 days so not that long.

From my experience, they haven’t been very responsive through email. It always took maybe 5 days to get a response. I’ve been calling every two or so weeks for an update and calling has always been mor

Just makes me curious then... seems that they don’t process by application start date or by submission date.
Sept. 1st applied, got approval today.

This is putting me in an even more sour mood. It’s hard for me to relax when those who submitted applications two weeks after I did are getting approvals and I still haven’t heard back.

So much for processing applications as they are received... I think it’s time to give them another call for an update. :(

Reactions: everydaychris
Applied end of august and no approval yet.

Y'all need to relax, us CA people don't get our cars until December anyways.

While the vast majority of Californians don’t get it until December, it doesn’t guarantee that we will have to wait until December for delivery.

Also, I plan to get FSD with mine and was planning on purchasing it after taking delivery so I can put it on a card to earn points. Recently, Elon tweeted that FSD price is being increased by $2k on Monday.

Oh well. There goes that.

And for those thinking it, please don’t turn this into a “paying for FSD isn’t worth it” conversation...

While the vast majority of Californians don’t get it until December, it doesn’t guarantee that we will have to wait until December for delivery.

Also, I plan to get FSD with mine and was planning on purchasing it after taking delivery so I can put it on a card to earn points. Recently, Elon tweeted that FSD price is being increased by $2k on Monday.

Oh well. There goes that.

And for those thinking it, please don’t turn this into a “paying for FSD isn’t worth it” conversation...

But how is FSD worth it though? It's still a beta version, doesnot work most of th times and subscription model is coming at the end of the year?

• Funny
Reactions: tintinfish
FYI

I just called the CVAP office to inquire about Aug applications and was told:

They have recently started processing Aug applications (already knew this)

Applications are divided up (alphabetically) and assigned to workers for processing. Naturally some workers are faster than others, I must have gotten a slow one :/
HI
FYI, I received the package today , applied 8/10.

• Informative
Reactions: JK929
CVAP has to be one of the most disorganized organization. People who applied on September have already got an approval while I who applied on 2nd week of august still havenot heard anything. Everytime I call them, they tell me that they work on first come first serve basis but that doesnot seem like its true.

Hi guys,

Tesla is offering 1500 off for a 2020 model 3. Do you suggest waiting for the 2021 model or use the discount to get the 2021 model?

The 2021 model easily worth more than $1500 if you want the new features
Power lift gate: $500
Chrome delete: $150 ~ $500 (and last longer than stickers)
Longer range / heat pump: $500 ~ $2000 depending on your perspective
Laminated side glass: $100? Doesn't look too difficult to retrofit
Resale value: $2000 (just an estimate, a newer model year resells for more $$)