Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My application status is now currently “UNDER REVIEW” And i applied Oct 6. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to get accepted after status gets to this stage? Does this mean im close? Very exciting, Thanks!

My application status is now currently “UNDER REVIEW” And i applied Oct 6. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to get accepted after status gets to this stage? Does this mean im close? Very exciting, Thanks!

Mine’s been “under review” since the day (or so) after I submitted my application. It’s been roughly 2.5 months now :(

Hate to break it to you, but if you get unlucky and stuck with a slow employee, you’ll be waiting a while :confused:

Now the biggest issue I'm running into is timing the delivery as I want to get it by Feb 2021. But my SA said it's too early to know.

Do you guys know if there is some sort of list she can put me on so I get priority when my car is ready?

My reservation was way back in March.

It should tell you in the order page.
Okay, a little exciting news, the slow employee who had my application finally got to mine.

Just checked the website and got approved! Still no email yet, but this makes me feel good :)

Congrats! That awesome. I just checked and I'm still 'Under review". My VIN just appeared on my account so I'm hoping it won't take much longer

Last edited:
I checked my Tesla account just now and saw my VIN has just been uploaded (checked a few hours earlier and it wasn't there).

MF068XXX Does the 'M' denote its a 2021 model year? As I've been reading that VINs above 63XXX now come equip with laminated front glass windows and upgraded door open labels. Can anyone confirm these rumors?

I checked my Tesla account just now and saw my VIN has just been uploaded (checked a few hours earlier and it wasn't there).

MF068XXX Does the 'M' denote its a 2021 model year? As I've been reading that VINs above 63XXX now come equip with laminated front glass windows and upgraded door open labels. Can anyone confirm these rumors?

I believe M designates 2021 model, L was 2020, so congrats my dude! You're getting all the fancy stuff :p

From the FAQ:

GRID Alternatives must verify that you have received a clean vehicle grant before the team is able to help you get a charging grant. It typically takes between 2-4 weeks to finalize a grant payment in our system and update this information for GRID Alternatives. If you call to begin the process before we’ve updated your file, the GRID Alternatives Electric Vehicle Team will not be able to help you begin the process.

Ohh I didn't see this, thank you!

I already installed a charger. There is a fed tax credit expiring dec 2020.

Going to go with the 1k grid gift card for any chargepoint charging stations

I didn't know about that tax credit, thank you! I live with my grandpa and so the charger would be installed in his house, but I am the one buying the car. Could he still apply for that tax credit even though the car is only under my name?

Reactions: everydaychris