Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please give us any updates when you hear back from Tesla, CVAP and GRID! I'm trying to go the same route as you. Also, do you know if GRID will cover a Nema 14-50 install or does it have to be the Tesla Wall Connector? Thanks for the info.

I think it has to be the Tesla wall connector. They are giving you 2k to cover your cost. More then enough to pay for a wall connector and the wiring if you are going less then 50’. If you are renting you can always take the wall connector with you after and leave a “pigtail” in a box on the wall and kill the breaker.

I’m attempting to just have them reimburse my wall connector cost, as I just switched the nema plug out for the wall connector.

Super simple think it took me 20 mins.

Hi guys, My friend got his 2021 model y delivered today and when he applied for a california vehicle rebate program, it said that the 2021 vehicle arenot eligible for the rebate. Does this mean that the 2021 models will not be eligible for the rebate anymore? Any of you guys have any idea regarding that?

Hi guys, My friend got his 2021 model y delivered today and when he applied for a california vehicle rebate program, it said that the 2021 vehicle arenot eligible for the rebate. Does this mean that the 2021 models will not be eligible for the rebate anymore? Any of you guys have any idea regarding that?
Think you are referring to the clean energy rebate. Which appears to not have update their model years. So they might not be accepting applications. It requires you buy the car and get the rebate.

CVAP is a grant that needs approval before you get a car and applies to purchase price of any EV that meets their standards.

Attachments

• 31D59CAF-7DF4-4605-8F64-88BEE1A96510.png
    31D59CAF-7DF4-4605-8F64-88BEE1A96510.png
    494.7 KB · Views: 93
Y
Think you are referring to the clean energy rebate. Which appears to not have update their model years. So they might not be accepting applications. It requires you buy the car and get the rebate.

CVAP is a grant that needs approval before you get a car and applies to purchase price of any EV that meets their standards.

Hi

So basically he applied for the cvap granta and he got approved for 5000 dollars. He took delivery this morning and he applied for the rebate and it said VIN not recognized. He contacted the CVRP and basically they told him that 2021 tesla's are unfortunately not recognized in their rebate program while there are other 2021 cars which are clearly recognized. Seems like 2021 model 3's and Y's won't be getting the 2000 dollar rebate unfortunately.

Y

Hi

So basically he applied for the cvap granta and he got approved for 5000 dollars. He took delivery this morning and he applied for the rebate and it said VIN not recognized. He contacted the CVRP and basically they told him that 2021 tesla's are unfortunately not recognized in their rebate program while there are other 2021 cars which are clearly recognized. Seems like 2021 model 3's and Y's won't be getting the 2000 dollar rebate unfortunately.

Maybe it’s still pending approval. Not all of the other cars include the 2021 models either. It’s still too early to tell.

In any case, you have 3 months after purchase to apply for the CVRP so I hope they start recognizing 2021 M3s and MYs soon!

FYI
I just applied for SCE ev rebate of $1k and it looks like they are ending it this year Dec 31st 2020. So those of you who just took delivery, apply right now to secure your rebate then when your permanent registration comes in, you can upload it. This way you can reserve your rebate just in case

• Helpful
Reactions: JK929
Haha just be careful around these Tesla folks. Most of them will say unless you can buy it with cash and have a million in the bank you should drive a 1995 Toyota Corolla ;P

I'm in almost the same boat. I've saved about 25% with the grant to put down, and the math worked about to be just a little more then if I financed another Subaru. Like maybe i'll buy some Tesla stock, but to me the stock market feels risky when I look at the state of our country for our generation going forward. God knows living in LA i'm not going to be able to afford a house any time soon. So might as well at least save on gas money.
Haha just be careful around these Tesla folks. Most of them will say unless you can buy it with cash and have a million in the bank you should drive a 1995 Toyota Corolla ;P

I'm in almost the same boat. I've saved about 25% with the grant to put down, and the math worked about to be just a little more then if I financed another Subaru. Like maybe i'll buy some Tesla stock, but to me the stock market feels risky when I look at the state of our country for our generation going forward. God knows living in LA i'm not going to be able to afford a house any time soon. So might as well at least save on gas money.

Lol true! :p

Same! Worked out the math & it's not going to be too much more of a monthly payment than what my current Honda is - granted I can't afford FSD but I'll just add it later & the standard autopilot still does more than my current car lol. Sadly, I can definitely feel where you're coming from about the house in LA thing. One day, though we'll have a house that we own & can pull up to in our fancy cars lol.

Lol true! :p

Same! Worked out the math & it's not going to be too much more of a monthly payment than what my current Honda is - granted I can't afford FSD but I'll just add it later & the standard autopilot still does more than my current car lol. Sadly, I can definitely feel where you're coming from about the house in LA thing. One day, though we'll have a house that we own & can pull up to in our fancy cars lol.

With solar roofs to power them!

I've actually moved back home with work being remote till prob 2022. So I'm saving a lot of money just not paying LA rent right now. And god willing as I work in animation we may stay this way going forward. You'll never see my ass back in LA at that point unless I get an Emmy haha.

Update!

Took delivery of '21 model Y from Burbank SC. A few minor issues but nothing serious. The staff took care of the majority of the issues before the drive-off. I have a mobile service appointment scheduled for next week to address the remaining issues/ concerns.

As someone already confirmed the CVRP is now accepting apps for 2021 model year MY's. I just finished applying and uploads docs moments ago.

Everyone still waiting for CVAP hang in there! It's worth it!. Good luck to you all!

My final update... couldn’t be happier!

Timeline:

Submitted CVAP Application 8/14
Ordered Model Y 8/22
First VIN Assigned 9/17
Second VIN Assigned 10/12
CVAP Approval Status via Website 10/27
Third VIN Assigned 10/28
Approval Email and Packet Received 10/30

Now waiting to schedule delivery...

I hope all other August applicants get their approval soon! :)

tag along with my update

Submitted CVAP Application 8/5
Ordered Model Y 8/5 (didn't proceed with the loan application )
CVAP Approval Status via email&website 10/19
Finish all Tesla ordering process: 10/21 (got tesla loan approved & upload insurance doc)
Email SA page 3 of the CVAP approval package: 10/29
First VIN Assigned 11/6
Pick up appointment 11/10 @ CA 90621