Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also called today. I spoke with Benjamin and he didnt give me anything specific on my status. All he mentioned was that they are currently behind and will get to each applicant in the order they were received. He didn't seem like he wanted to talk and was trying to end the call eventhough I had more questions I wanted to ask.

Who did you speak with?

I applied 12/18.
I spoke with Jasmine I believe

Guys i have my CVAP packet emailed to advisor, how long does it take to reflect in account?

Should I delay delivery until cvap shows in account? I have bank pre approval ready just waiting for CVAP..

I got a blue model y standard range with white interior from existing stock when i found out they removed standard from site.

Thanks all can't wait this will be first Tesla.

Just got off the phone with a rep (applied 12/15) my application was denied b/c of my retirement savings (in 2019, the tax year I used to verify income etc for CVAP, had my rollover amount). The rep said if I could provide a 1099-R with the right kind of distribution code on the tax form they would not count the retirement savings that appeared on my tax transcript and re-evaluate my application. Anyway, I just wanted to update this thread to say they are looking at apps around 12/15.

Was also denied due to distribution from Roth IRA. I explained the 60% of the amount was not considered income (basis of my 20 YO Roth) - they said it was counted as income (taxable or not).
They did not ask for a 1099-R, which I could have provided.

Did you get the denial reversed?

I applied on December 9th. I called and got through last Friday Feb 19. They said my application was due to be reviewed anytime now and I should have approval by today or possibly monday. I checked the site and I am indeed under application review status. Hopefully that will indeed happen on Monday. Things are moving along though, I just got that Tesla wall charger by FedEx this morning and I'm arranging the charger install sometime next week. hopefully it will take that long to get the car, I ordered it an early January and immediately got a VIN number, it was way too soon. So the next step is donating my ICE car and harassing my Tesla SA to find me another Vin number. Hopefully it's not another six to eight weeks of wait for that. At this point I'm over waiting for a console or headlights or HEPA filter, I just want my car.

Was also denied due to distribution from Roth IRA. I explained the 60% of the amount was not considered income (basis of my 20 YO Roth) - they said it was counted as income (taxable or not).
They did not ask for a 1099-R, which I could have provided.

Did you get the denial reversed?

I will let you know next week if they truly reverse the retirement as counting towards the total income. The rep I spoke to said they should/would with that 1099-R showing it was a rollover situation. But it's pending review for re-evaluation. If it hasn't been too long since you were denied, I'd reach out and offer the 1099-R if yours was a rollover, too, otherwise if it's been too long you would have to reapply.

• Helpful
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Guys i have my CVAP packet emailed to advisor, how long does it take to reflect in account?

Should I delay delivery until cvap shows in account? I have bank pre approval ready just waiting for CVAP..

I got a blue model y standard range with white interior from existing stock when i found out they removed standard from site.

Thanks all can't wait this will be first Tesla.

I emailed my packet to my SA as well and he told me he would apply it to my account before I accept the loan. I’m not sure if the Grant needs to be reflected on the account, if anyone can confirm this. As far as I know it just counts as a down payment so the amount will be discounted from your total due before pick up. Can anyone confirm.

I emailed my packet to my SA as well and he told me he would apply it to my account before I accept the loan. I’m not sure if the Grant needs to be reflected on the account, if anyone can confirm this. As far as I know it just counts as a down payment so the amount will be discounted from your total due before pick up. Can anyone confirm.

I emailed my packet to SA and it was applied in the amount due showing the additional -$5000 before I paid the amount due

Reactions: Status
Forgive me if it's been answered already, but I have 2 questions;

1. When getting loan approval, do you get the approval for the amount with the $5k or without?
2. What is the suggested order? I'm seeing that you guys usually apply for the grant first, then order from Tesla, Then get loan approval...

Just want to make sure I get this right because it's my second and final grant so I want to make sure everything's perfect

Forgive me if it's been answered already, but I have 2 questions;

1. When getting loan approval, do you get the approval for the amount with the $5k or without?
2. What is the suggested order? I'm seeing that you guys usually apply for the grant first, then order from Tesla, Then get loan approval...

Just want to make sure I get this right because it's my second and final grant so I want to make sure everything's perfect
1. When I came to test-drive the vehicle, the SA told me that 5k would be a part of my down payment. But I'm seeing people having the grant applied directly to the cost of vehicle. I'm kinda confused, too. The grant has not reflected on my account yet.
2. I applied for the grant, then a week later I ordered the car. Tesla reached out to me for 3 deliveries and I turned them all down because the grant wasn't ready and I wasn't ready to do the loan application. The grant gets approved in 3 months, so maybe in a month and 1/2 you can start ordering the car. For Tesla loan application, it's processed automatically. You can do it anytime and get approved right away. I did it on a Sunday night. I would suggest you wait until you get matched for a VIN because only then you can continue the process with insurance, etc..

YAY!

Applied December 9, called Friday 2/19 they said it was close and I should be approved by Friday 2/26, at the LATEST today, 3/1.

Checked the site this morning, still in process, just checked at 1pm and I've been approved. According to the site, they're sending me a letter via mail and that I should be receiving an email shortly with more information.

I placed my order in early January and turned down a car because I was waiting for this to process. Tesla said they'd put a new car search in place, but no word. I'll follow up once I get this approval packet. Hopefully I've waited long enough that I'll get the new console.

Please note that this process is taking almost 3 months, so don't assume you'll have your grant sooner than that. Looking back through this thread it's been consistently a week or two shy of three months for quite some time.

Timeline for an FYI for y'all:

Applied 12/15/2020
Approved 3/1/2021 (haven't received email yet, but just logged in and saw I was approved after I had to have them re-evaluate my app last week due to them including my retirement rollover as income)

Application Status
APPLICATION APPROVED
Congratulations! You have been approved for a clean vehicle grant. Before you can redeem the grant, you must first receive your Approval Letter in the mail. It’s on its way! You will also receive an email with additional information.

There's max 11k available right now. 1.5k clean fuel (if you're in CA), 5k CVAP grant, 4.5k CVAP rebate (or 2k - income eligibility)
Dam really sucks that SRY got pulled, i submitted the application the day it was available for order, on 1/6 was super excited when they reduced price to 39990, and quickly dissapointed after they pulled it. I cant take any inventory or order until I get my approval letter, but i doubt Elons "off menu" tweet will mean anything, now im stuck as there is no fed tax credit nor SRY to order, this really sucks

Timeline for an FYI for y'all:

Applied 12/15/2020
Approved 3/1/2021 (haven't received email yet, but just logged in and saw I was approved after I had to have them re-evaluate my app last week due to them including my retirement rollover as income)

Application Status
APPLICATION APPROVED
Congratulations! You have been approved for a clean vehicle grant. Before you can redeem the grant, you must first receive your Approval Letter in the mail. It’s on its way! You will also receive an email with additional information.

Thanks for the update. I applied 12/18, a couple of days after you. I guess I'll call them later today to get a status update. Hopeful that it will get aorroved sometime this week.