Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone applied for a second grant? I bought a used Volt with my first grant... now I'm coming up on the 30 month ownership requirement that allows you to apply for a second one. The volt needs to go bye bye lol.

Has anyone had 2 grants? Im wondering if you have to wait to submit your application until after the 30 months and how it's calculated... 30 months from the date of purchase? Or 30 consecutive payments? I'm trying to time it right so I can be without a car for the least amount of time.

I'm noticing that the consensus is apply for the grant, shortly after order the car, reject the cars until the grant shows up on your account, apply for the loan, then take delivery. Someone needs to make a YouTube video about this lol

Has anyone applied for a second grant? I bought a used Volt with my first grant... now I'm coming up on the 30 month ownership requirement that allows you to apply for a second one. The volt needs to go bye bye lol.

Has anyone had 2 grants? Im wondering if you have to wait to submit your application until after the 30 months and how it's calculated... 30 months from the date of purchase? Or 30 consecutive payments? I'm trying to time it right so I can be without a car for the least amount of time.

I'm noticing that the consensus is apply for the grant, shortly after order the car, reject the cars until the grant shows up on your account, apply for the loan, then take delivery. Someone needs to make a YouTube video about this lol
Their implementation manual on their website states,

"3. Grants per Lifetime California residents may redeem a maximum of two CVA Program grants in their lifetime. Participants will be eligible to apply for a second CVA Program grant only after the 30-month ownership requirement has been fulfilled under the terms of their first grant, unless they meet certain exemption circumstances, as outlined in Section C.7. This grants-per-lifetime policy will include all CVA Program participants from the initial CVA Program launch and all participants moving forward. This policy is subject to change, and changes may apply retroactively"

Hello,

The grant finally showed up in my tesla account, very weird they lumped it into the clean vehicle fuel reward section. Ehhh whatever at least I'm good now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210302-201259_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210302-201259_Chrome.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Helpful
Reactions: Status

Yeah I did.

Didn't use the first grant that was still active but knew it was going to expire so I was told to apply again with a different email. No issues. Got approved with the second email.

I cant get my SA to apply my grant to my Y. On my 3 he did it flawlessly and now for my Y he said he couldnt apply it until I had a vin+date. I have a vin+date and it is due for pickup on saturday and he still wont apply it. I call and texted him and no answer... Hope I dont get screwed, he had the approval letter since January.

• Informative
Reactions: Status
Hello there. I see I $0 balance is that just for the down payment? Did you use Tesla for financing? I'm still waiting for my approval. Thank you in advance for the response. :)

The 41k is the finance portion which i had to send them a picture of check prior to picking up as i secured my own financing since logix credit union rates are hard to beat and get extra discount for having large amount of assets with them.

I cant get my SA to apply my grant to my Y. On my 3 he did it flawlessly and now for my Y he said he couldnt apply it until I had a vin+date. I have a vin+date and it is due for pickup on saturday and he still wont apply it. I call and texted him and no answer... Hope I dont get screwed, he had the approval letter since January.

i had to bug them a few times, my advisor is not the one who was successful aplying to account it was the pick up center who called me asking if im ready for pickup because i had matched vin and scheduled pick up.. i said no because grant is not showing in account and avdisor said it should show up soon but its been days..

they had me sent them full packet, and i missed writing what model i am getting and they were able to apply to my tesla account within 24 hours.. the people at pickup center must have more experience then random advisor you get matched with.

Did you get matched with a VIN already?

Yes i had a matched vin, when i found out sr was removed from online i did not want to risk not being avaliable in future and 39990 is a great value and don't need 300+ miles when can charge at work for free and at home in night.

I called sales and asked to find an inventory sr that matched what i wanted and started process to pruchase.

Applied 12/18

Update on timeline for anyone wondering.

I Called a few minutes ago and was able to speak with Jasmine, from CVAP. She looked up my application and said, it was in the final review stage awaiting for supervisor. And approval letter can take up to 2 weeks. However, I notice this wasnt reflected on my CVAP account.

I noticed the extension length for CVAP grants was reduced. Now it's only an additional 25 days, for a total of 60 days to redeem once approved.

"We have extended the deadline to redeem a grant by an additional 25 days. In total, approved applicants will have 60 calendar days to redeem a grant once it has been approved. This extension will be available to grant-approved participants until further notice."

Source: Pandemic Response: Temporary Program Changes - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program

I noticed the extension length for CVAP grants was reduced. Now it's only an additional 25 days, for a total of 60 days to redeem once approved.

"We have extended the deadline to redeem a grant by an additional 25 days. In total, approved applicants will have 60 calendar days to redeem a grant once it has been approved. This extension will be available to grant-approved participants until further notice."

Source: Pandemic Response: Temporary Program Changes - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program

back in February they had increased it 90 days, looks like they scaled it back

OK, so I'm a bit confused. CVAP showed approval on Monday morning, I got the email this morning, printed out the page and emailed the PDF to my Service dude. At the same time, I got matched to a VIN number today, so it's all happening at once.

How long does this take to "hit my tesla account?"

OK, so I'm a bit confused. CVAP showed approval on Monday morning, I got the email this morning, printed out the page and emailed the PDF to my Service dude. At the same time, I got matched to a VIN number today, so it's all happening at once.

How long does this take to "hit my tesla account?"
its instant. YOu just need to show proof you got approved. Then, you sign the page and the SA uses that to deduct that sweet 5k