Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had the same issue like me?

I m in California: After "Air District" approved my application for the Grant award (about 3 wks ago) And they give me 60 days to buy a new car.
So I already ordered the MYSR 7 seats right on the same day I received the award)
I dont think Tesla could make the car for me in 60 days > what should I do when the Grant Award expiring in 60 days?

This is the email from "Air District" Award:
You have 60 days from the date of the award letter to purchase your vehicle at an authorized Clean Cars for All dealership.
You should present your award letter to the dealership upon arrival. You must work with the designated dealership contact (or their team) listed on our website who is trained by Clean Cars for All staff and can help you find a vehicle that meets program requirements. The grant award is applied at the point of sale, similar to a cash down payment, and you are responsible for any remaining balance. The dealership will be reimbursed directly by the Air District for the grant amount.

Appreciated for any answers or suggestions!!

Finally approved as of tonight! Applied 12/20.

Called last monday saying I'm in final review and should get an update within last week, called again today and another person said just wait, he also said they stopped giving any estimate time frame.

Congrats! Did you get an email for the approval? Or did you have to check in the CVAP's site?
Hoping I get mine soon, since I have a SR 7 seater on order.

I m in California: After "Air District" approved my application for the Grant award (about 3 wks ago) And they give me 60 days to buy a new car.
So I already ordered the MYSR 7 seats right on the same day I received the award)
I dont think Tesla could make the car for me in 60 days > what should I do when the Grant Award expiring in 60 days?

You have 60 days from the date of the award letter to purchase your vehicle at an authorized Clean Cars for All dealership.
You should present your award letter to the dealership upon arrival. You must work with the designated dealership contact (or their team) listed on our website who is trained by Clean Cars for All staff and can help you find a vehicle that meets program requirements. The grant award is applied at the point of sale, similar to a cash down payment, and you are responsible for any remaining balance. The dealership will be reimbursed directly by the Air District for the grant amount.

It seems like you are stuck in between, it is clearly written that you have to purchase a car within the 60 days with no extentions, or you will have to resubmit (thats another 3 months) and tesla will not hold the car for that long. Have you tought about getting a long range Y?

Finally approved as of tonight! Applied 12/20.

Called last monday saying I'm in final review and should get an update within last week, called again today and another person said just wait, he also said they stopped giving any estimate time frame.

Applied: 12/13
Told I was in Final Approval stage: 2/23
Approved: 3/8
When they told you that you were in the Final Approval stage was that reflected in your CVAP account as well? I applied 12/18, was told last week that my application was in Final Approval stage but it wasnt reflected in my CVAP account login.

When they told you that you were in the Final Approval stage was that reflected in your CVAP account as well? I applied 12/18, was told last week that my application was in Final Approval stage but it wasnt reflected in my CVAP account login.
No it didn’t show online and I didn’t get an email about final approval like some here have. I called in and they told me.

Reactions: Sensae
The website won't show if you are in the final review stage, it will just show "under review", once you are approved it will show "application approved"

Reactions: Sensae

Contact a Tesla SA and see if they can find you any existing inventory. It might be a long shot but it's worth a shot.