Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I guess its worst than i tought, i tought this would be a month or two delay from normal, but it looks like it could be more, or maybe even never depending on how funding goes. Here is an email I received this morning.

Thank you for starting a CVA Program application! We now have a Reservation List in place due to limited funding. We want to let you know what this means for your application:

1. We encourage you to complete your application if you would like to join the Reservation List. If you are no longer interested in participating in the program, please withdraw your application.
  2. Once your application is complete, you will be on the Reservation List until further notice.
  3. Regardless of when you started your application, please expect to wait many months for your application to receive final approval (if you are qualified and funds are available). We apologize for the delay.
when did you apply?

Should I just say to hell with CVAP or wait on CVAP and possibly the tax rebate. I’m so tempted to just get the SR Model Y right now since I had an order just waiting on CVAP.
I’m in the same boat. My M3 LR is ready I was just waiting for the CVAP and I don’t think I can afford it without the CVAP. I’m also relying on CVRP hopefully they haven’t run out of funds.
do you guys know if CVAP will start giving approvals by the next batch of deliveries in June/July? Are there any other grants we can apply to of similar value?

Should I just say to hell with CVAP or wait on CVAP and possibly the tax rebate. I’m so tempted to just get the SR Model Y right now since I had an order just waiting on CVAP.
It depends on your personal situation, if the SR was available i would prob just buy, but having to buy a LR 7 seater I want, its a 61k bill (got an actual quote from tesla with taxes and fees out the door) that is a big tag price, and I would prob kick my self if CVAP comes back and fed tax rebate non retro start, that is a 12k difference, for a few months wait, but who knows it may never happen that way.

It depends on your personal situation, if the SR was available i would prob just buy, but having to buy a LR 7 seater I want, its a 61k bill (got an actual quote from tesla with taxes and fees out the door) that is a big tag price, and I would prob kick my self if CVAP comes back and fed tax rebate non retro start, that is a 12k difference, for a few months wait, but who knows it may never happen that way.
I'd say if you can just wait. If you can't then the hell with CVAP.

I'm personally going to wait since my applied date (12/18) was so close to the last person to get approved (12/16). Hopefully the new headlights will become standard on all MY and details of tax credits resolved by then.

Ah yeah I feel that, that’s a big difference. I have a weird situation, I qualify for CVAP based on my 2019 return, once I file my 2020 taxes I won’t qualify anymore and would have to bank on the tax rebate to get any discount. I think I’m just going to get the SR Y, tired of all this waiting lol. At least I’ll have the rebate (hopefully that doesn’t run of funding too).

So, I just talked to CVAP over the phone and they said that last time they had to freeze approvals due to shortage of funds was back in Nov 2018 and resumed again Feb 2019 and that’s 14 months. They said that this time they’re hoping to have funding quicker than that but again they don’t have a time frame. Just to give y’all an idea of the situation to make a decision.

So, I just talked to CVAP over the phone and they said that last time they had to freeze approvals due to shortage of funds was back in Nov 2018 and resumed again Feb 2019 and that’s 14 months. They said that this time they’re hoping to have funding quicker than that but again they don’t have a time frame. Just to give y’all an idea of the situation to make a decision.
did you mean 4 months or Feb 2020.

More like 7 months. But there were three months where 1 grant was approved. Looks like those who wait might be waiting awhile.

Attachments

• 1AC56799-90C2-4917-9F0C-7880A89D5DC2.png
    1AC56799-90C2-4917-9F0C-7880A89D5DC2.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 72
Ive been waiting for my VIN and the CVAP for essentially the same amount of time...Considering my CVAP application date was 12/23, it's looking like a toss-up at this point on who will deliver first
When I placed my order, I told Tesla that I was going to wait for CVAP before buying. Called a couple days ago since I haven’t seen a VIN after 1.5 months, they had a hold setup to match a car to me since I said I would wait for CVAP which explains why I don’t have a VIN yet. Might be your case!