Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning that huge windshield...best practice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having trouble keeping the windshield clean. My wipers are doing a poor job, the nozzles don't spray in the right area and the blades don't even touch the area in front of me.

So....what have you found to work best at cleaning the bugs off? No worries about messing with the UV coating on the glass?

Do not use your windshield washer unless you need to. If you have bugs splattered on it then it needs a wash as you probably have it on your paint/wrap and the acid from the bug is not good so you need to clean it.

Gas station squeegees are good at cleaning and but rain X if you want.using the windshield washer will spray water in the areas where the wipers don't reach and will dirty up the top of the windshield further exacerbating the situation. It is only used when absolutely needed to keep your vision clear.

In the meantime, think about how your purchase of this vehicle did to destroy the livelihood of that innocent creature stuck on your glass.

• Funny
Reactions: aesculus
Invisible glass cleaner and the 2.5 foot long Microfiber wand from dollar store.

Attachments

• 20160930_210941.jpg
    20160930_210941.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 20160930_211040.jpg
    20160930_211040.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Informative
Reactions: Ormond
SprayWay is by far the best stuff for glass and paint. For bugs who met an untimely death on the hood of my X, I just spray a thick spot on the bug and let the foam loosen it and just wipe it off with a good microfiber towel.

For glass I soak the glass and use a razor blade to get off all bugs, sap, whatever might be on there that a microfiber might not get. For more extreme times I will use my clay bar and make the glass perfectly smooth. No streaks, no scratches, perfectly safe for tint, and paint.

https://www.amazon.com/Sprayway-Gla...580827&sr=8-2&keywords=sprayway+glass+cleaner

What is everyone doing about water spots on the upper part of the windshield above where the wipers reach? On most cars, after a while, the periphery of the windshield usually gets covered in water spots from rain, and I've yet to find a reliable, easy method to remove them. On a normal size windshield, it's a chore. I can only imagine how difficult it's going to be on the X's windshield.