Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While Texas had that terrible mess with their grid due to the failure of their renewable energy generation in the cold it hasn’t been having planned shutdowns for years like California.
At least that hasn’t been in the news that I’ve ever read.
if I’m wrong please point me to some articles.

first I’ve heard of water problems other than irrigation for agriculture too.
is that a city issue?
Tropical storms and Hurricanes routinely end in boil notices and loss of power during freezes ends up doing the same. Enough pipes freeze and rupture in houses that water pressure across the system drops enough to allow ground water to containment the system.

After the freeze last year on a walk around our block we had turn off water to a neighbors house with water spewing under their garage. Another neighbor had a nice water feature on the side of their where their sprinkler system relief valve had ruptured due to freezing. Both had left their houses to find someplace with heat and didn’t realize damaging was happening after the pipes began to unfreeze.

Must be climate change...

View attachment 749443
I have to wonder if people still feel good about that one storm cycle.

Reactions: JRP3
I have to wonder if people still feel good about that one storm cycle.

Another April storm cycle brings 1-3 feet of fresh pow to Tahoe - time to wax my skis! ;)

April 11, 12:43 p.m. A winter-like cold storm smacked the West Coast on Monday, dumping several inches of snow on California's Tahoe Basin in April. More storm activity is expected through Saturday, and over the course of the week, elevations above 6,500 feet could record totals of up to 1 to 3 feet of snow, said Jim Mathews, a forecaster with the National Weather Service.

"The pattern is similar through the weekend, and we'll be getting more of these colder systems from the northeastern Pacific in coming days," Mathews, who works at the weather service's Sacramento office, said. "We'll be getting more wintry weather this week than we've had most of this winter."

1649804855242.png

Reactions: AquaY
Another April storm cycle brings 1-3 feet of fresh pow to Tahoe - time to wax my skis! ;)

April 11, 12:43 p.m. A winter-like cold storm smacked the West Coast on Monday, dumping several inches of snow on California's Tahoe Basin in April. More storm activity is expected through Saturday, and over the course of the week, elevations above 6,500 feet could record totals of up to 1 to 3 feet of snow, said Jim Mathews, a forecaster with the National Weather Service.

"The pattern is similar through the weekend, and we'll be getting more of these colder systems from the northeastern Pacific in coming days," Mathews, who works at the weather service's Sacramento office, said. "We'll be getting more wintry weather this week than we've had most of this winter."

View attachment 792974
Are you suggesting this brings our snowpack within normal parameters? Or is this just a trolling post? Important distinction, and I'd like to know the answer.

Something I expect to see in the third world.
“Do we need support for gas stations? We don’t. So there’s no need for supporting a charging network. I would delete it. Delete. I’m literally saying get rid of all subsidies.” - Elon Musk of Texas

Reactions: AquaY
“Do we need support for gas stations? We don’t. So there’s no need for supporting a charging network. I would delete it. Delete. I’m literally saying get rid of all subsidies.” - Elon Musk of Texas
You wouldn't take advantage of subsides if you could get them?
I HATE subsidies.. But when I got solar I sure took advantage of any I could get. You would too.
And if tesla didn't they wouldn't be doing what's right for us share holders.

Back in 2011 we had a hurricane. A gubment official from FEMA knocked on y door and asked me about damage. I told him what damage I had and he said I was probably " entitled" to money.
I said to him" Why?. If I'm underinsured isn't than my problem"
He explained how I was entitled if I'd fill out this form. Of course I filled it out.
I pay insanely high taxes. If the gubment wanted to give me a small % back I was taking it. It's like a discount on my taxes. Not much of one at that.
We should get rid of all subsidies but only a fool wouldn't take what is offered.

Reactions: FlatSix911
No.
Keep is simple. Government subsidies suck. They benefit the few at the expense of the many and they are always inefficient.

Cool. So I should be able to keep driving on the roads without paying to maintain them since I don't buy gas => no road tax. :) 'Simple' Also 'net-metering' forever. It's more simple :)

Last edited:
Only if technology is stagnant and no new ideas are explored. There's already a lithium mine in NV and GM is working with a company to extract lithium and other minerals from groundwater near the Salton Sea - cleaning up the water in the meantime - win-win.

So much lithium has accumulated in the Salton Sea that we can mine it now. :)

Reactions: JRP3 and FlatSix911
We should note that this is the "new Elon Musk of Texas".
The old Elon Musk of California was happy to take advantage of a wide array of generous subsidies from California and US taxpayers to build his business. In fact, these subsidies saved him from bankruptcy several times. Tesla also benefited by California infrastructure (health, education, transportation, etc.). Now that Tesla is successful, he doesn't see a need to contribute back to the society that made him successful and has moved to our own "third world state" (lax regulation, low taxes, authoritarian government) where he can avoid paying for all of those subsidies which made him successful.
There is also the ongoing subsidy mandated by Federal Regulations where Tesla receives hundreds of millions of dollars by selling clean air credits to legacy auto. (Also in Europe.)
Of course, we shouldn't forget the subsidies provided by Nevada, New York, and Texas for his factories.

I, for one, am happy that Tesla receives these subsidies. I am disappointed at Elon's hypocrisy.
If he truly believes in getting rid of all subsidies then he should not accept them... but, of course, he won't.