Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised it looks like nobody posted about the "Heartland Instute" that I mentioned at Prediction, in Which Year Will New Electric Vehicle Sales Exceed 50% in the United States "Poll":

"I watched FRONTLINE | Climate of Doubt | Season 2012 | Episode 20 | PBS (from 2012) that was IIRC focused on the an anti-AGW group, the Heartland Institute. There is a transcript.

This group comes up every now and then: Climate Change Skeptic Group Seeks to Influence 200,000 Teachers | FRONTLINE and In Shift, Key Climate Denialist Group Heartland Institute Pivots to Policy | FRONTLINE., for example."

When I watched that Frontline ep ages ago, I was dismayed by how organized they seemed even back in 2012.

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
Did you know that the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is currently more than 424 ppm and that everything above 350 ppm will continue to increase the global mean sea-level?

Did you also know that the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere blew past 350 ppm back in 1988?
What do you think will happen when it rises above 500 and 600 ppm? I've lived the past 14 years 19 feet above sea level and a mile from the shore. What I think will happen is the planet will continue to get greener as my past reference indicates. Good times ahead.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this thread before, but this video is one of the most powerful demonstrations of the effect of high levels of CO2 that I've seen, and includes lots of statistics about how it effects our brains at various levels:

Another example of what happens when you are out giving a speech in the middle of during hot smoggy air. ;)

Electric boats would since if an overweight '200 lb' guy got on it. LOL

He really should just live at the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas and host his own comedy show.

• Informative
Reactions: SwedishAdvocate

Pick up the fruit, popo shows up to arrest you, better be good at denials. LOL

Reactions: CyberGus

Pick up the fruit, popo shows up to arrest you, better be good at denials. LOL

I've been waiting at a SC with a banana all day, still nothing 😠

It's not a lack of solutions. It's a lack of functioning brain cells. The cult has made it part of their religion that solar panels and EVs don't work. I know people that swelter in Puerto Rico during blackouts and pay outrageous prices when the power is on. I've offered to help get solar but they say that's just 'something rich people do'. Completely dismissive. It's part of their identity that they don't have solar. Stupid doesn't have to make sense.