Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spare me your sanctimonious lectures. When this was directed to me, I'm sure you jumped up and down with jubilant glee.

"If there is a rabid monkey throwing poo in the kitchen it's not a bad idea to stay out."
No, I just laid down the simple truth about your approach to "debate" .. and your response was (a) exactly as expected and (b) underlined the point of my post. And I'm certainly not the rabid monkey in this debate.

You could have actually laid out your concerns about the majority opinions on global warming .. I'd have respected that, regardless if I agreed or not. But all these sad insults? Really, is that how your mind works? Shout and scream like a child?

No, I just laid down the simple truth about your approach to "debate" .. and your response was (a) exactly as expected and (b) underlined the point of my post. And I'm certainly not the rabid monkey in this debate.

You could have actually laid out your concerns about the majority opinions on global warming .. I'd have respected that, regardless if I agreed or not. But all these sad insults? Really, is that how your mind works? Shout and scream like a child?
Well, you just undermined your entire argument against me with your endorsement of the rabid monkey. This is why I don't behave so high and mighty. I am amongst a bunch of bottom feeders here.

As Dr. Spencer already told us, the amount is so tiny our instruments can't even measure it.
You obviously don’t understand the point Spencer was making nor what the 97% of climate scientists are saying.

Satellite instruments watching the incoming and out going radiation show a small delta indicating warming. However the uncertainty in those measurements mean there could be more warming than thought or it could roughly be in equilibrium with neither warming nor cooling as I recall.

Those satellites are not the only way to confirm whether we are warming or not. When we gather other data we find the lower troposphere warming, along with the land and all but the very deepest parts of the ocean which confirms the basic correctness of the satellite measurements.

Reactions: JRP3 and eevee-fan
That stupid ass 97% figure came from this guy, John Cook. Complete delusional nonsense!

Which is based on more than 20,000 papers and results are public. So please show us his errors.

Yes IF we warm some 4 degrees which is likely if we do not change our way then yes we will melt the ice sheets with the accompanying sea level rise.

Anyone with even the most understanding of science knows that there is a lot of energy that can be absorbed by ice before it melts and the smaller the mass, the more surface area, so the 'nothing much to see now' excuses are literally excuses.

Ho much energy does it take to go from:
-2C to 0C?
0C to 2C?
-2C to 2C?
-1C to 1C?

Hm... not linear, how strange. LOL

Yep, and instead of playing it safe by advancing renewables and increasing implementation, he figures it is better not to change his comfort/life style and let the kids worry about the future. Typical A******* boomer. Again, the smart money would be to increase interconnection and help the country be truly energy independent. Imagine a gas or coal plant that does not need to be fed - because nature feeds it! I guess Mitch would rather there be no rain and no pipe system and instead people have to bring buckets to the river or village well to collect water... very Mad Max / 3rd world that only 1 party is trying to lead us to.

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
There are plenty!

97 out of over 20,000 is quite a small number. More people than that believe the world is flat or that Trump won the election. And I looked at the list and I have yet to find one written by a climate scientist.