Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

And in entirely unrelated news, an interesting article on peoples skills at assessing the truthfulness of online sources of information and their own self-assessment of their abilities.

I won't spoil the results but it's worth a read.
Yes I found that an interesting, if slightly depressing, read.

Sounds like another entertainment website looking for clicks. LOL
Do the math. As it is the future if we do not change.

NASA project for new satellites, a major component of which is to provide more measurements to study clouds and convection:

I'll ask Spencer on his blog page if UAH will have access to the satellite data. Spencer and Christy will probably be the lead scientists!

"Not all of Texas was part of ERCOT and up north where I live there was minimal effect from the big freeze even though were were much colder in many respects. My home fortunately never lost power. And of course my city was already on the approved road to join ERCOT even though everyone wondered if that was such a good idea after that big fiasco. We have now joined that system except for 30% which luckily my home is still part of the existing old network."

LOL

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3

"Not all of Texas was part of ERCOT and up north where I live there was minimal effect from the big freeze even though were were much colder in many respects. My home fortunately never lost power. And of course my city was already on the approved road to join ERCOT even though everyone wondered if that was such a good idea after that big fiasco. We have now joined that system except for 30% which luckily my home is still part of the existing old network."

LOL
According to who's science? Gizmodo science. That's who.

According to the National Snow and Ice Data Center, the Arctic sea ice decline has been slower than normal in April and May.

Here we are in the month of June and the sun is shining bright onto the Arctic ice. The sea ice extent is below normal, but certainly nothing to get agitated about.

Nothing spectacular about May 2021 - 9th lowest sea ice extent in the satellite record:

The average May sea ice extent in 2021 is the same as it was in 2004. You can see the 40 year downward linear trend, but during the past 15 years, that trend has leveled off. In the next few decades, that blue line will become more and more level. You can see the big dip in 2016. 2016 was the Super El Nino year. But other than that, the sea ice melt has just about stopped.

Why are you insane?

1623367859700.png

1623368038355.png

We are still below the RECORD MINIMUM.

Why are you insane?

View attachment 671886

View attachment 671891

We are still below the RECORD MINIMUM.
2012 was the record SEPTEMBER minimum. Just because it was the September minimum does not mean 2012 was a minimum for every month of the year. You obviously did not read the NSIDC report. The month of May 2021 was only the 9th lowest on the satellite record.

"Arctic sea ice extent continued the slow pace of seasonal decline observed in April, leading to an average extent for May 2021 of 12.66 million square kilometers (4.89 million square miles). This was 740,000 square kilometers (286,000 square miles) above the record low for the month set in 2016 and 630,000 square kilometers (243,000 square miles) below the 1981 to 2010 average. The average extent for the month ranks ninth lowest in the passive microwave satellite record."

Why are you a goofy liberal?

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
One point does not make a pattern. Look at Lake Mead, a climate denier would claim that water level is on a rising trend or point to the lake level higher than in 1930...We now have restrictions like that commie state of AZ to remove non-functional/decorative lawn. LOL

Dr. William Happer gives an informative discussion about John Tyndall, Max Plank, and Karl Schwarzchild concerning their contributions to our understanding about greenhouse gases. Happer points out the CO2 effect is currently saturated, and doubling it will have very little influence on climate.

Go to 22:50

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D