Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure the world is focusing on how 'orderly' and 'non-violent' the protest went in the Jan 6 riot in DC and see this as the model of democracy in the world.

Libertarian 'freedom fighters' are everywhere... Alive and well in China too!

I am sure those condo owners in FL were really happy with low price until the building collapsed. For those who were not at home, looks like they hit a jackpot... like how Drumpf would file for 'damages' on his property with the insurance company after hurricanes.

The TX residents who felt paying $10 more a month is out of the question and they'd rather buy their own backup generators, which still does not address the problem of winterization, feel the same.

Oh, and on the new gun rights signed in TX...Totally addresses gun violence. LOL

Just more freedumb. LOL
Texas gained two congressional seats, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

While you hysterical global warming zealots are focused on the Omega Block over the Pac NW, Northern Hemispheric snow cover shows no sign of deterioration due to so-called "climate change."

You are confusing climate with weather. Increased snowfall is a result of warmer air as it holds more moisture. Snow accumulates at 0 °C and below. In simple terms:

Heat is defined as the thermal energy transferred between two systems. Temperature is the measure of the average kinetic energy of a gas. At the same pressure and volume the kinetic temperature of a gas from −273.15 °C and −275.15 ° is the same as from 0 °C to 2 °C—it’s 2 degrees.

In any case, accumulation is only one side of the equation as the melting of ice (i.e. permafrost, polar ice, and glaciers) must be considered.

Science, learn it, know it ,live it..

I am in need of assistance:

Someone posted this on the Swedish Tesla Forum:

The "97 percent" figure in the Zimmerman/Doran survey represents the views of only 79 respondents who listed climate science as an area of expertise and said they published more than half of their recent peer-reviewed papers on climate change. Seventy-nine scientists—of the 3,146 who responded to the survey—does not a consensus make.

Anyone have a good answer?

(Don't know why I can't make the text fit into one quote. The forum software insists of separating the text into two quotes...)

We’ve reach the inevitable, climate change is about to make living more expensive. Inflation may be here to stay so is it time to cover one’s bets?

Reactions: eevee-fan
We’ve reach the inevitable, climate change is about to make living more expensive. Inflation may be here to stay so is it time to cover one’s bets?

That's nothing to do with climate change.
It's the result of people living in the middle of badly-managed forests in hot, dry climates .

Now if you dodge California's high urban property prices you'll have to pay a bit more for your grid connection. Oh noes,

• Informative
Reactions: eevee-fan
So, I can go 120 mph in Elon's tunnel? Hmmmm. I was doing up to 110 driving down the east side of the Napa Valley yesterday. And I didn't need a Boring Company. Of course you can't do that with trucks and other clowns doing 35 mph in a 55, but that's what passing is for.

Then he can claim you can go the speed of light in his boring tunnel. LOL

• Funny
Reactions: CyberGus
“The cultural and social context for the climate crisis is critical. Inevitably, the burning of fossil fuels as our primary source of energy both comes from and reinforces basic social understandings and practices developed over time: how human beings have come to relate to the rest of the natural world and to each other. At the heart of this lies a culture of exploitation–the sense that the rest of nature exists, inexhaustibly, for human use alone–and that some human beings similarly exist as resources for others with more social power. Colonization, rigid racial hierarchies, and the simultaneous fetishization and abuse of coal miners are examples of exploitation and dehumanization in our history and culture. These dynamics are deeply bound up with the fossil fuel economy,” Massie says. “Therefore, the entire organization of society and culture can also be usefully understood as the cause of climate change.”

Reactions: jayg and CyberGus
This is basically all true. If you buy into the lifestyle that is in demand throughout the world now, fossil fuels have been a must and a miracle.

Do you see any negatives in the use of fossil fuels up until now? Do you see any negatives in the continued use of fossil fuels into the far future?
Some geologists think the term, "fossil fuels" is a misnomer, because zillions of dinosaurs would have had to die in several big piles all over the world to make the oil deposits. Instead, the earth may be producing it from pressure and heat working on the molten substances below. In that case, would it ever run out? I'm hoping for fusion myself.

Some geologists think the term, "fossil fuels" is a misnomer, because zillions of dinosaurs would have had to die in several big piles all over the world to make the oil deposits. Instead, the earth may be producing it from pressure and heat working on the molten substances below. In that case, would it ever run out? I'm hoping for fusion myself.
Some geologist think?

Abiogenic petroleum is not a theory, it’s hardly a hypothesis, more of a myth. While it’s true “fossil fuel” is a misnomer it’s primordial origin is aqueous biomass.

• Informative
Reactions: NikolaACDC