Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am aware that every government science organization promotes the idea that our greenhouse emissions are causing climate change.

..... yes..... just like math teachers 'promote the idea' that 2 + 2 = 4. It's just a fact. Why is this so hard to accept? CO2 causes warming and our pathetic addiction to fools fuel has increased CO2 concentration by 40%. Those are just facts. Indisputable facts. No different that 5 + 5 = 10. Facts matter.

Climate warms and climate cools. In the 1970s, climate scientists were fearful the next ice age was around the corner because the Arctic sea ice was so extensive and think. There was even speculation to sprinkle coal dust on the ice to help melt it. And what was blamed for the multi-decadal cold trend of the 1960s and 1970s? You got it - burning of fossil fuels! I don’t think you are old enough to know that.
In case you don't get it you haven't added a single new point to this discussion we haven't countered many times over the years. Maybe ponder that fact before you post again.
We've covered this multiple times over the years, just as with all your other lame talking points.

Really? You think adding ~4mpg to ICE is converting BEVs shoppers and THAT's the reason? Not government mandated CAFE standards? :rolleyes:
Both. More the market. Back in the 1970s during the Arab Oil Embargo, the price of gasoline tripled. The US auto manufacturers were caught flat footed. The smaller more fuel efficient Japanese cars gained a major foothold in the American market because of the sudden jump of gasoline prices. Labor Unions were pissed off at the Japanese imports and at those who bought Japan’s cars. The hostility was intense because the UAW lost a lot of jobs back then. So yes, market conditions are what drives the consumer and those who produce the products.

Not wanting to waste time on irrelevant rehashed misinformation isn't getting emotional. We've been having this discussion for many years and you just recently popped in with a misguided idea that you're posting something new. You aren't and you haven't added a single interesting point to this discussion.
I am disappointed in the attempt to shut down any dissenting discussion on TMC... instead of encouraging a healthy debate we now have a cancel-culture.

Open your mind to other views and you might just learn something. ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: JRP3 and CyberGus
Both. More the market. Back in the 1970s during the Arab Oil Embargo, the price of gasoline tripled. The US auto manufacturers were caught flat footed. The smaller more fuel efficient Japanese cars gained a major foothold in the American market because of the sudden jump of gasoline prices. Labor Unions were pissed off at the Japanese imports and at those who bought Japan’s cars. The hostility was intense because the UAW lost a lot of jobs back then. So yes, market conditions are what drives the consumer and those who produce the products.

…. this isn’t the 1970s. No one is buying ICE over a 100mpge BEV because the ICE eeks out 28 instead of 24mpg… that increase today is ~100% CAFE mandates.

Well, I am no climate scientist Mr. Moderator. I am an estate manager with an interest in Tesla, the environment, and policy issues that affects our lives. I am aware that every government science organization promotes the idea that our greenhouse emissions are causing climate change. I think we have some effect, but isn’t nearly as bad as the alarmists claim. There are a lot of good scientists who work in these organizations, and not all of them are “all in” the global catastrophe scenario.

To answer your question, my guess is that ENSO maybe the primary driver of climate change, and that La Ninas will become stronger, thus reversing the global warming cycle. But, it is just a layman’s guess.
So you don’t believe in conservation of energy? Interesting. What evidence do you have to overturn basic physics?

Not sure what I’m talking about?
here’s a chart of Ocean Heat Content in the top 2000M of the ocean over the last ~60 years.
OHC_NOAA-NASA-2019-briefing.jpg
ENSO, La Niña etc are the oceans moving heat around. Please point on this chart where ENSO has caused the oceans to cool for more than a year in the last 50 years.

You are calling it a cycle. A cycle goes up and down. That chart only goes up. So do you to be right there must be fundamental violations in the conservation of energy. So please enlighten us.

I am disappointed in the attempt to shut down any dissenting discussion on TMC... instead of encouraging a healthy debate we now have a cancel-culture.

Open your mind to other views and you might just learn something. ;)
Which part of rehashed already covered nonsense do you not understand? It's the same as repeating the long debunked talking points from the TSLA shorts 10 years ago. Nothing to be learned. If you want to consider the views of flat earthers as well have at it but not here.

‘Super polluters’: the top 10 publishers denying the climate crisis on Facebook

Tuesday’s study echoes past research on what has come to be known as the “Dirty Dozen” – a group of accounts responsible for the vast majority of Covid-19 misinformation circulating on social media. It underscores just how much of an impact a small number of widely-read websites can have in the algorithm-driven Facebook ecosystem, said United States senator Sheldon Whitehouse. “Facebook and other social media companies make money when they send users down rabbit holes of climate denial,” he said. “That’s a very dangerous business model for the future of the planet.”

I'm a real skeptic on an "existential threat" from climate change
Existential for you? Probably not since you are a wealthy American. Existential for your kids or grandkids? Nothing is 100%, but like 99% of scientists say yes. Existential for some people in some locations right now? Just ask the refugees who have to relocate due to their climate changing.

Existential for you? Probably not since you are a wealthy American. Existential for your kids or grandkids? Nothing is 100%, but like 99% of scientists say yes. Existential for some people in some locations right now? Just ask the refugees who have to relocate due to their climate changing.
Actually the whole climate change topic is highly divided among the scientists more like 50:50.
Not 99%