Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 2013, Steyer created the NextGen Climate Action Committee, a PAC to support candidates who embraced climate change as a major issue. Propelling the rise of environmental interests was the fact that Steyer contributed 85 percent of that interest group’s contributions, or $73.9 million, in the 2014 cycle and 78 percent, or $87 million, in 2016. So that's a bit more than $5 million.
Work of prominent climate change denier was funded by energy industry

That is what paying money for a predetermined outcome looks like. Not contributing to a PAC.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
That is what paying money for a predetermined outcome looks like

Tobacco all over again ...

addicted1.gif

I like that final sound-bite "Live and learn, or vice versa"

This report from the UK Gov came out in Dec 2019 and covers up through the end of 2017. Coal is almost gone and NG is in decline. Renewables are replacing about 5% of annual generation each year.

Carbon elimination (or close to it) in 10 years IS possible, but it took a carbon tax.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
The Chinese will do the same thing with EVs that they did with solar panels: manufacture product in a country Trump cannot block due to competing interests. And in the meantime the export business of the "US" manufacturers will be subjected to the same tariffs in reprisal.

Trump is a moron, and he is playing a game he cannot win.
Yes, but ordinary people could loose. The rich never suffer. No one wants all these wars and we have 8 and trying to start at least two more: Venezuela, Ukraine, Iran and even Russia.

News Media Pretends Bad Things Started With Trump

Sadly, since WWII US has killed more people, supported and setup more dictators and overthrown more democracies than most know. 1953 Kermit Roosevelt as CIA operative with $250,000 to get rid of democratically elected Iranian President. Kermit may be the only CIA agent to return money to the Feds as he only spent about $100,000 (a lot of cash for that time a car was about $1000.)
Iranians love Americans and hate our government - wonder why.

Kermit Roosevelt Jr. - Wikipedia.
1953 Iranian coup d'état - Wikipedia

side note: wikipedia is not perfect and can have errors, alway be critical.

Last edited:
News Media Pretends Bad Things Started With Trump

Sadly, since WWII US has killed more people, supported and setup more dictators and overthrown more democracies than most know. 1953 Kermit Roosevelt as CIA operative with $250,000 to get rid of democratically elected Iranian President. Kermit may be the only CIA agent to return money to the Feds as he only spent about $100,000 (a lot of cash for that time a car was about $1000.)
Iranians love Americans and hate our government - wonder why.

Kermit Roosevelt Jr. - Wikipedia.
1953 Iranian coup d'état - Wikipedia

side note: wikipedia is not perfect and can have errors, alway be critical.
Jimmy Dore's an idiot.
The Majority Report w/ Sam Seder

'They chose us because we were rural and poor': when environmental racism and climate change collide
'They chose us because we were rural and poor': when environmental racism and climate change collide

Environmental advocates, like those at SELC, are working across a divided nation. “I had no idea it would become as partisan as it is today. It has gotten so bad,” Middleton says. “People will tell me, ‘You’re not so bad for an environmentalist.’ Tell me - how did the idea of caring about the environment become leftwing political ideology?”

We both acknowledge that climate change is going to make things worse. “It’s a slow, insidious process,” he says. “America is a crisis society – we don’t pay attention to anything until there’s a real crisis.”

If companies are not held responsible for the pollution they cause, and the government does not act to protect allcitizens, we may have several crises to choose from.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando

Environmental advocates, like those at SELC, are working across a divided nation. “I had no idea it would become as partisan as it is today. It has gotten so bad,” Middleton says. “People will tell me, ‘You’re not so bad for an environmentalist.’ Tell me - how did the idea of caring about the environment become leftwing political ideology?”

We both acknowledge that climate change is going to make things worse. “It’s a slow, insidious process,” he says. “America is a crisis society – we don’t pay attention to anything until there’s a real crisis.”

If companies are not held responsible for the pollution they cause, and the government does not act to protect allcitizens, we may have several crises to choose from.
Thanks, a fine article a joy to read - (except the topic not so much).

I've pretty much stopped reading the Guardian since they were chosen to control/review/reveal Snowden documents and given that public trust the Guardian had to stop as the UK government threatened to close down the paper. Reminder how the state controls much of our lives. The reason I stopped reading? Guardian WILL NOT cover the Julian Assange fiasco. They won't tell/cover the story of a fellow publisher. Bending to the will of the state, afraid to speak truth to power, pathetic.

side note:
I have noticed you seem to get more balanced view of your own country from a foreign press as they are under less government pressure.
Thanks again for suggesting a well written and informative article.