Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

clunk,clunk,clunk from front end one time this morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 2,000 miles and a month in... was driving on the highway and on an exit ramp. Took the foot off the gas and heard a very quick... clunk,clunk,clunk from the driver's front (thought I felt the vibration through the "firewall" if that's what it would be called in a TESLA). Couldn't recreate it on the rest of the drive. No road debris that I saw... anyone else experience it?

I heard something similar earlier this week and was concerned it was the axle or something similar. Took it into service and I was embarrassed but relieved to discover that the tow key inside the Frunk had become dislodged and was rattling in there! Let's hope that is your same issue.

Had this happen at highway speeds on an older car of mine. The plastic cover, under the engine, was cracked, missing a few of those fender rivets and flapping in the wind at certain speeds.

I would climb under the front and check the panel below the frunk area to make sure everything is secure. Running over something, including a snow drift, can crack those panels pretty easily.