Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold feet. Help me decide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up our Odyssey from the Honda dealer (they took care of one warranty issue and one recall issue) and its running like new again. We are looking at the MX again as a replacement and hoping that the need to make 4th QTR numbers will bring some of the recent discounts back. We will also take a look at the bolt if it arrives soon. Only interested in a 2 yr lease due to the rapidly changing AP technology.

We really liked the 6 seat configuration with our 3 boys (2 still in car seats)

I am worried by all the posts on troubles with the Model X. I don't want to worry about ghosting or hitting people with my FWD. I really would like surround view cameras to assist in parking the beast.

I really don't even need a SUV. I just like it's cool (irksome) features. The MX is less common than the MS.

My nearest service dept. is an hour's drive from home.

Help push me over the edge.
Ormond, I see your problem you cannot think clearly because your in a constant contortion and all that movement has clouded you thought process.

• Funny
Reactions: Saxena
Did you ask for this or was it offered. I didn't make tesla work for my sale at all. Before the test drive was done I said I'm in
It's what Tesla calls an "extended test drive". You can ask for it and they will usually provide you with a Model S. I did that too a few months into the order so I don't think it matters to them whether you have put in your deposit or not.

I am worried by all the posts on troubles with the Model X. I don't want to worry about ghosting or hitting people with my FWD. I really would like surround view cameras to assist in parking the beast.

I really don't even need a SUV. I just like it's cool (irksome) features. The MX is less common than the MS.

Help push me over the edge.
Was going to post grow up and make own decisions but I remember my concern on delivery of my X. These forums magnify issues and happy people don't post. My X was and is still perfect. One fwd did on occasion stop closing completely sensing obstruction but an over the airway update fixed that. I remember memorizing list of potential issues to look for but it was complete waste of time. Get the car. I love how some are concerned over fwd hitting someone on closure. A poster on purpose put finger in way and door starting to pinch him. I would urge person to try that experience with ANY car door putting finger in the way and slamming door. If you do this test you will never buy a car. The fwd is the only door that eliminates almost all these instances

Reactions: EinSV and passcore
Was going to post grow up and make own decisions but I remember my concern on delivery of my X. These forums magnify issues and happy people don't post. My X was and is still perfect. One fwd did on occasion stop closing completely sensing obstruction but an over the airway update fixed that. I remember memorizing list of potential issues to look for but it was complete waste of time. Get the car. I love how some are concerned over fwd hitting someone on closure. A poster on purpose put finger in way and door starting to pinch him. I would urge person to try that experience with ANY car door putting finger in the way and slamming door. If you do this test you will never buy a car. The fwd is the only door that eliminates almost all these instances

Couldnt agree more! 2k+ miles and absolutely no issues with the car. Sometimes I wonder if I am looking hard enough to find some of the issues that I am supposed to find :oops: In all fairness, I think with a later VIN I expected to have most (if not all) of the earlier issues resolved and they were. On a slightly lighter note, if you don't like attention then do not buy this car as it is certainly a head turner :)

Your cold feet will turn hot every time you hit the accelerator.
You will forget you had all these worries once you drive it.
My nearest service center is 12 hrs away - 783 miles ( Edmonton to Vancouver - Canada)
I always feel hot in my MODEL X and drive others to the EDGE.
JUST GET IT:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Saxena and Ormond