Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color indecision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you please post pics of this, specifically the red calipers w/ grey car?

Recieves my car in about 14 days. But here is a picture that gives you an impression :) In my mind the red calipers, red details on Performance seats together with the red on the back lights gives a beautiful whole :)

TSP.jpg

I guess I don't see how this will help. You're going to find people who like every color available. Color choice is a personal thing. If you're unsure, just try to see each color in person.
I agree...color is a personal choice. When I took my test drive at Fashion Island, I was convinced that I would order silver or pearl white. But I saw a blue car in the garage. I asked them to bring it up from the garage so I could see it in the sunlight, and that sold me on the blue. The car looks great in any color. As James suggests, try to see as many as you can in person.

I love black. However there is no point in asking others about the best color combination. There is a nice table giving combination of your favorite ice cream flavor and color. If you like coffee, green color is best. Chocolate flavor warrants red and Vanilla implies silver. So if you post your favorite flavor, we can guide you better.
i am sure you will enjoy the car and life will not be the same. Please don't eat ice cream in car though.

Love the red!!! However, I liked the Dolphin Grey (look for the pics in my post "Oh boy. Oh boy..." in delivery). I think the grey car along with the chrome accents and red calipers just hits the mark! Yes, I'm partial.

I was told, however, that here in New England, it appears that the Dark "Dolphin" Grey is very popular. I like it as the dirt doesn't show.

Much thanks for all the input. Contrary to comments that asking for color advice is not helpful I would disagree. Many have given bits of info that are helpful. No they are not definitive but it helps to get other's perspective. For better or worse I am starting to stray from blue now as a result.

As far as seeing the colors in person, I think I have seen every color in person. I have been to the MD service center multiple times and taken many photos of different cars. I have been to the Tysons and DC stores many many times, the NY store, and I have toured the Tesla factory in Freemont.

The first car I saw that made me awe struck was a blue with grey 21s and spoiler. I still like that color combination a lot, possibly the best, but I plan to go with the 19s. Plus there is a lot of input about difficult long term care of blue, and I worry about that. So right now I really have no idea. Red looks great, but I fear the lust will fade. Pearl is nice, but not sure about the 19s. Now I am looking at gray but I worry it is a fad color. I wish I liked black. Black is my car color of choice on most, but it does not seem flattering on the Model S.

As the title says, Color indecision!

Much thanks for all the input. Contrary to comments that asking for color advice is not helpful I would disagree. Many have given bits of info that are helpful. No they are not definitive but it helps to get other's perspective. For better or worse I am starting to stray from blue now as a result.

As far as seeing the colors in person, I think I have seen every color in person. I have been to the MD service center multiple times and taken many photos of different cars. I have been to the Tysons and DC stores many many times, the NY store, and I have toured the Tesla factory in Freemont.

The first car I saw that made me awe struck was a blue with grey 21s and spoiler. I still like that color combination a lot, possibly the best, but I plan to go with the 19s. Plus there is a lot of input about difficult long term care of blue, and I worry about that. So right now I really have no idea. Red looks great, but I fear the lust will fade. Pearl is nice, but not sure about the 19s. Now I am looking at gray but I worry it is a fad color. I wish I liked black. Black is my car color of choice on most, but it does not seem flattering on the Model S.

As the title says, Color indecision!

I noticed that you haven't mentioned silver. That's a color that I usually consider boring, because a lot uf cars here in Switzerland are silver, so I never even remotely considered it for my car.

Well, that was until I saw a silver Model S in person. What can I say, I fell in love! Matches the elegant shape, the chrome parts and the chrome rims perfectly, and that's how I ended up ordering it.