Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any of you had to deal with a damaged windshield yet? I live in Eagle county and I hear there isn't an option for replacement up here, meaning you either have to travel to a service center or perhaps get lucky with the mobile service. I think they service this area, but looking for someone with first hand knowledge in either Eagle or Summit county.

Thanks!

I picked up my Tesla Y earlier this month in Littleton. I've never purchased a new car before. What happens now? I still have temporary plates on my car. Am I waiting to get a license plate and vehicle pink slip (title) in the mail ?

MSM MYLR5 w/tow no FSD OD 11/29 EDD July, EDD changed today to 1/21-2/18
I ordered Tesla wall charger today; will be calling electrician shortly.
Looking to get DCU referral code for loan.
I've been watching the forums daily; I know things change quickly with EDD but I want to be prepared.
Pickup location is Superior as of now, that will probably change to Littleton.
Happy New Year!

I did pay in cash. The plates will also come via mail?
Typically, you will receive a small note card in the mail from the county DMV saying your vehicle information has been received and you are ready to register. When you register at the DMV, they will issue plates. In subsequent years, you can usually just do it all electronically. If you have a set of plates you want to use, you can bring them and they will update accordingly.

Purchased more new cars than I should ever hope... :)

Typically, you will receive a small note card in the mail from the county DMV saying your vehicle information has been received and you are ready to register. When you register at the DMV, they will issue plates. In subsequent years, you can usually just do it all electronically. If you have a set of plates you want to use, you can bring them and they will update accordingly.

There's now an option to do all that online. The only reason I did it in person yesterday was because I wanted veteran plates and they're not available online. Also, if you're getting a plate other than the classic green/white or basic designer plate, you'll be waiting an extra 4-8 weeks for them to print the new plates. They issued me a new set of temp tags so I'll be legit until early March.

Another thing to be aware of is the new CO law (as of 1/1/22) requiring the purchase of new plates for every car registration. You can keep the old number but they'll print up a new "vanity" plate with that number rather than putting the old plates on the new car.

Okay, so i will get the title in the mail. But i will get a note saying I'm ready to register. And if i go to the DMV with the note, i get the plate the same day at the DMV?

Thanks Mrwug. First Time new car and also new to Colorado so this helps a lot
Important note...if this is your first time registering a car in Colorado, be prepared for some sticker shock. The Specific Ownership Tax for vehicles in Colorado is kind of bonkers... https://dmv.colorado.gov/sites/dmv/files/SOT Attachment - Tax Tables with Examples (1).pdf

So, for example, if you got a $64K MYP and it's brand new, expect to pay around $1344 + some other lesser fees at the time of registration.

There's now an option to do all that online. The only reason I did it in person yesterday was because I wanted veteran plates and they're not available online. Also, if you're getting a plate other than the classic green/white or basic designer plate, you'll be waiting an extra 4-8 weeks for them to print the new plates. They issued me a new set of temp tags so I'll be legit until early March.

Another thing to be aware of is the new CO law (as of 1/1/22) requiring the purchase of new plates for every car registration. You can keep the old number but they'll print up a new "vanity" plate with that number rather than putting the old plates on the new car.
Did you move your veteran plate from an existing car and get new plates for the old car? Do I need to bring both cars to the DMV?