Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come here baby 2019.40.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it seems like the adjacent speed differential behavior is welcome under most scenarios except for HOV lanes where this is essentially "expected behavior" and should be ignored. I'll say that HOV lanes (that I rarely encounter) do scare the crap out of me when you're flying at 70MPH and the adjacent lane, separated by nothing more than a double-line on the road, is crawling. All it takes is for one idiot to decide they've had enough in the slow lane and dart into the HOV lane to end it all. Tricky problem to solve when humans are involved.

Reactions: Bpseattle
If this update forces the car to slow down and obstruct traffic in the HOV lane because other irrelevant lanes are moving slower I'm definitely going to pass. Safer to keep the gap tight so no one can cut in front of you during that situation. Not leave a larger gap so people cut you off and everyone behind you hates you.

• Disagree
Reactions: jjfash
Yeah it seems like the adjacent speed differential behavior is welcome under most scenarios except for HOV lanes where this is essentially "expected behavior" and should be ignored. I'll say that HOV lanes (that I rarely encounter) do scare the crap out of me when you're flying at 70MPH and the adjacent lane, separated by nothing more than a double-line on the road, is crawling. All it takes is for one idiot to decide they've had enough in the slow lane and dart into the HOV lane to end it all. Tricky problem to solve when humans are involved.
Yes an EV driver once told me that very thing happened, someone darting into the HOV lane in front of him illegally without looking, totaling his car but fortunately not injuring him. He was driving a LEAF, not a Tesla.

When I received 40.2.1 M3 MR HW2.5 the only features listed were the Automatic Wipers, and supercharger increase to 200KW. But not the stop sign, lane change and adjacent lanes updates.

I believe this is because I don’t have AP or FSD and none of these are considered safety, but they might be for TACC. Those of you who have AP but no FSD did you receive stop sign, Lane change and adjacent lane updates?

I am debating on paying 3k for AP and whether I get enough features with TACC and AS. Unfortunately FSD totaling 10k is not in my budget, as cool as it will be.
I live in NL, have M3 wirh FSD And my release notes also does not mention stop signs. Just improve lane change and wipers, nothing else :(

This was my first update and I have to say I am not impressed. They need more testing I have been using autopilot on my car for whole week without any issues but today the was hesitant on taking over cars or changing lanes and on the way back from work all the screen went off basically a reboot thankfully the car stayed operational as I was on a highway losing all power on highway would have ended very badly. Summon does not work for me it takes 5-10 min to get the car go in the garage or come out it sees my motorcycle and basically decides I am either going to go straight in or I am just going to park behind this obstacle that leaves it half in and half out of the garage. And I thought summon was going to be automatic go in and come out of the garage.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Just FWIW, the browser (and thus the release note viewer) works for a short time after a reboot. You won't get to see the entire release notes, but it will usually render at least the first half before giving up.... o_O
We have AP2 and MCU1 and often have the “release notes blank” after update issue, but oddly this time, they were fine and normal, so it seems more random than anything else.

You mean like this? This happened 2 months ago on my drive home. Skip to 12 seconds to watch.

Received 2019.40.2.1 yesterday. Now my default sat view with live traffic updates is no longer available on my Model S. LTE, music streaming and media entertainment works. Any suggestions of how to fix it or do I have to open a service request. Tried rebooting the car with no luck!

Just FWIW, the browser (and thus the release note viewer) works for a short time after a reboot. You won't get to see the entire release notes, but it will usually render at least the first half before giving up.... o_O

Not mine. After I got 2019.40.2.1, I sat in the car for a couple of minutes, hoping the screen would populate, but no luck. I rebooted the screen, still nothing. I have not seen any release notes for the past 2 or 3 releases, at least. My assumption now is that I won't see them. It is embarrassing to show off my car's features at EV events and not be able to show this screen, or the service manual (which sometimes works, sometimes not).
From what I have read, this particular release is irrelevant to my AP1 car anyway. All the features I have read about are for AP 2.0 or newer cars.

Not mine. After I got 2019.40.2.1, I sat in the car for a couple of minutes, hoping the screen would populate, but no luck. I rebooted the screen, still nothing. I have not seen any release notes for the past 2 or 3 releases, at least. My assumption now is that I won't see them. It is embarrassing to show off my car's features at EV events and not be able to show this screen, or the service manual (which sometimes works, sometimes not).
From what I have read, this particular release is irrelevant to my AP1 car anyway. All the features I have read about are for AP 2.0 or newer cars.

Well, I stand (somewhat) corrected. I went out to run some errands, with several stops. When I got home, I sat in the car for a few minutes. When I clicked on the "Release Notes" line, nothing happened at first, but the screen did populate after perhaps 30 seconds or so. Interestingly, my version of the Release Notes for 2019.40.2.1 said it was bug fixes, not new features. The Notes were stated to be repeated from an earlier release. Oddly, i do not recall getting an earlier release with the timed charging finish, which I now have. So, evidently some stuff is new even though the notes are marked as repeats....

Does anyone’s wiper service mode work with this update? Mine won’t work and performed all reboots but toggling the switch doesn’t move the wiper. If it’s turned on and I manually turn on wipers it just toggles it off.