Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Autopilot-Release-Date Is Right...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla might really make it happen this time folks.

Now remember. The rules here are looking for a verifiable public roll out of the auto steer feature. Dates judged in the Pacific time zone (currently UTC -7 I believe due to daylights savings time). So if there is a verified public roll out within the next 8 hours or so, then today is the day.

Tesla's blog post makes it sound like it's rolling out today, but I've not seen one post here yet about an update being available yet, so... nothing there yet.

Most of the fanfare seems centered on tomorrow. So, we'll see how that goes.

Just remember that it could be close, and I have my router setup ready to alert me the moment my car starts the download, hoping I actually get it in the first group of updates. But if anyone sees a post about some members here getting the update, please link. :)

Looks like Tesla might really make it happen this time folks.

Now remember. The rules here are looking for a verifiable public roll out of the auto steer feature. Dates judged in the Pacific time zone (currently UTC -7 I believe due to daylights savings time). So if there is a verified public roll out within the next 8 hours or so, then today is the day.

Tesla's blog post makes it sound like it's rolling out today, but I've not seen one post here yet about an update being available yet, so... nothing there yet.

Most of the fanfare seems centered on tomorrow. So, we'll see how that goes.

Just remember that it could be close, and I have my router setup ready to alert me the moment my car starts the download, hoping I actually get it in the first group of updates. But if anyone sees a post about some members here getting the update, please link. :)

I will be interested to hear your feedback 'wk'...I know you will push it to see the limits...be careful out there my friend.:wink:

I think one guy in China has it already, but could he be a beta tester? Shows as Oct-13.
Tesla v7 autopilot running on the road. - YouTube

My guess of October 14th is annoyingly close. But technically I have 8 hours left until the 15th in LA. C'mon, some bored software engineer click "Go" now... no one will notice ;)

Yeah, that's beta. I think until I see a public install with the beta-looking energy meter I'll continue to believe that's a beta.

1/450th of a Chademo wk057 that you get it on the 17th :)

To be fair... I have a service appointment for an unrelated issue on Friday afternoon. :biggrin: So if it's actually out tomorrow and I don't get the OTA.... well, I'll definitely have it for the weekend. I'm still skeptical as to whether it will actually be out tomorrow or not, personally.

You will see the download start at 3:32pm Thursday, it will take 1:52 minutes to download and you will test it at 3:32 +1:52= 5:25 (It will take you 1 minute to get into the car, seat belted in and ready to go....:wink:

Dang, I was hoping for AM not PM! :p

LOL

BTW, not to get this thread too off topic I have been very busy for the last couple of months and have not had the time I usually have to keep up here but I just noticed that I haven't received a firmware update since August and am still on .36 - are other P85D owners still that far behind or is my usual luck about to strike again and I'm "frozen" and won't get 7.0 either?

Mike

LOL

BTW, not to get this thread too off topic I have been very busy for the last couple of months and have not had the time I usually have to keep up here but I just noticed that I haven't received a firmware update since August and am still on .36 - are other P85D owners still that far behind or is my usual luck about to strike again and I'm "frozen" and won't get 7.0 either?

Mike

I've been on .71 for about a month now.

14-July-2015 6.2-2.4.251 SC
06-August-2015 6.2-2.5.21 Wifi
19-August-2015 6.2-2.5.36 Wifi
15-September-2015 6.2-2.5.71 Wifi

LOL

I wouldn't sweat it.

I had been on .36 until a few weeks ago, when I received .85 at the service center. I don't think Tesla was making the effort to get these last updates out to everyone the way they did with some of the other versions.

Edit: Following wk057's lead--

08-July-2015 6.2-2.4.250 Wifi
04-August-2015 6.2-2.5.21 Wifi
18-August-2015 6.2-2.5.36 Wifi
24-September-2015 6.2-2.5.85 SC

I live in a condo - as the car is kept in a parking garage, I have no wifi homelink access - will the car not update over LTE?

If it has LTE signal it will get the updates.

- - - Updated - - -

So, to make things interesting... perhaps I should put a bounty of some kind on the first to post an info/version number screen (Tesla "T" popup) and release notes photos for the public release of v7.0...