Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coming Soon - Tesla Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the closing teaser video following Q&A of the 2024 Tesla Shareholder Meeting
Tesla App showing "Summon" button
1718560475073.png

Presses "Summon" button..
1718560732965.png

Shows car (Model Y) 3 minutes away and Stanford Shopping Center destination via Car's Calendar
1718560649183.png

Adjusts Interior Climate temperature on App with fancy slider from 72F to 68F
1718561027893.png

1718561110707.png

Car arrives, she hops in back seat, now car on the way to destination..
1718561181991.png

1718561346694.png

Video doesn't indicate anything about fare charges, RoboTaxi or CyberTaxi. Any thoughts?

Reactions: el-guapin
Does it show the car driving around with no backup driver and transporting this lady wherever she wants to go?
No, I said teaser video because it doesn't show whether anyone is in the driver seat. But it does show the destination is 5 miles away, so drive must be on city streets and "coming soon" won't happen without a driver in driver seat, otherwise no auto insurance company, anytime "soon", is going to insure any car driving around autonomously without a driver.

Tesla Video on YouTube.com starting at 2:25:25

Last edited:
I wouldn't read into it too much. It's a pretty low investment for some designers and software engineers to start thinking about a ride hailing app and build some prototypes. I'm glad they're doing that, so it's not rushed - but I wouldn't infer any FSD timelines from it

This seems to be meaningless drivel to make gullible investors think that Tesla will compete with Uber sometime "soon". "Summon" is intended to strongly suggest that the summon feature from the Model S will be available again, after it magically starts to work right. It won't be available anytime soon if "soon" means "in the next five years".

The fact that the woman controls the temperature remotely is to suggest that she is in control of the car, and therefore that the car is driverless. "This is the robotaxi that Elon has been hyping recently!" is what the video is intended to make you think. As with all of Elon's imaginings, there can be a very long time between "coming soon" and fruition.

Reactions: mgs333 and mborkow