Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Commercial Crew Transportation Capability (CCtCap) SpaceX and Boeing Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Barely related, the otherwise unused crew van made its way to Stanford this past weekend.

:p

1635371840922.png

While very much acknowledging the irony of idle Crew Van reports being more frequent than Starliner reports, I saw the van again. It still parked outside a random apartment complex on Sand Hill. I can't fathom what its doing there. Maybe a Superfan?

Let the speculation begin!

1636482271463.png

Reactions: Grendal
While very much acknowledging the irony of idle Crew Van reports being more frequent than Starliner reports, I saw the van again. It still parked outside a random apartment complex on Sand Hill. I can't fathom what its doing there. Maybe a Superfan?

Let the speculation begin!
Maybe trying to attract some better programmers and engineers?

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
Maybe trying to attract some better programmers and engineers?

Why start now? 😎

ZING!

But really, its very randomly parked in the lot of some apartment complex filled with (I assume) mostly med students. I suppose at some point someone takes it over near the football stadium or wherever to attract some kind of attention during high traffic events...but its still kinda...werid.

Reactions: Grendal
Last edited:
Another response to the war:
I think it said the total value of the contract was up to 3.4B in there. Is that over the 9 flights themselves or does that also include any $$ for development of the capability? Is SpaceX getting ~$400M per crew mission? Somehow I thought it was a fair bit cheaper than that.

I think it said the total value of the contract was up to 3.4B in there. Is that over the 9 flights themselves or does that also include any $$ for development of the capability? Is SpaceX getting ~$400M per crew mission? Somehow I thought it was a fair bit cheaper than that.

Still cheaper than the 4.5 billion contract Boeing received for 6 flights yet to be delivered.

Yes. It does include some development money. There is a chart here that breaks down some of the monies:
This wiki details that each seat is $55 million on a Crew Dragon according to the NASA's OIG:
Just to be clear, Russia was charging around $95 million per seat just before Crew Dragon launched.

• Informative
Reactions: adiggs