Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comparing Model S with E 43 AMG. Have to wait a bit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

After reading that, I'd pick the V-Sport if the prices were reversed and the Benz was $15k cheaper. The Benz did not fair well in performance, but did excellent as a commuter car. A very nice Camry indeed, but a little out of league when it comes to performance. Not much AMG going on except the emblem.

What are you buying a performance/sports sedan for if not sports?

But for Benz money, you could get a CTS-V. The V-Sport is the not the serious (AMG?) version of the CTS.

The Model S should be compared to other EVs and the MB compared to other ICE vehicles, in my opinion. Our 85D replaces all of our driving requirements of previous vehicles, except the pickup tuck which I keep, and the biggest reason that the Model S wins is because of range and my ability to charge the car at home using a small solar array.

Being independent of the oil companies and their pricing monopoly provides freedom and that's priceless.

Not sure why this thread got resurrected, but let me just say that I traded in a 2016 Mercedes AMG C63S (503 HP) for a MS and would do it again in a heartbeat. AMG will beat it in exhaust note, Audi will beat it in interior quality and road noise, and BMW will beat it in steering feel and suspension. -- I've owned all three, recently.

Model S beats the Germans in everything else, especially user experience of car technology/navigation (by FAR), exterior styling, autopilot, and of course the electric drivetrain is superior. Zero doubts about the safety of the MS. So there you have it.