TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Comparison - Jaguar door handles ... vs Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sp4rk, Jan 3, 2014.

1. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

2. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

I didn't do a search, but I remember there was mention that the GTR and also some Aston Martins use the same door handle design in one of the threads in this forum. I believe this design existed before the Model S came out and it's not exactly the same either (as this design is manual, not electrical).

3. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

I see (from the video) they are just as noisy. They would appear much more… satisfying(?)… if they were silent in operation. But you can't have everything, can you!?

4. No Tailpipe

No Tailpipe Member

So, how do you even use the Jaguar F-Type door handle? Is there some sort of ridge under the handle where your fingers can grasp before pulling the door open? Is there a magic slot the opens opens up so you can grab the entire handle? In the end, I'm still loving the Tesla version. Easy, intuitive and super cool.

5. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

This is funny coincidence, I had one of those semi-lucid dream moments just last night, that Lexus did the handles, and they were silky smooth and silent in presenting. And I thought how come Tesla can't do it this good?

6. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

I love the sound the handles make when they present. If I had a choice between current sound and silent I'd pick the current ones.